petrocap wont open / no warning when headlights left on

seh1066

Petrol cap wont open with the button by the door, having to do it manually from inside the boot. And now the warning sound when you;ve left the lights on and open the door has stopped working (not gd as I'm prone to forgetting)
Just wondering are these 2 problems likely to be connected in any way? Doesn't seem to be a fuse - at least not as far as I can tell.
Any help much appreciated!

Yes they are and you will notice if you unlock the car and open the drivers door but, don't put they key in the ignition it will try to relock the car. same faulf by the sounds of it as i had, heres the thread i posted (with pics)

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7722

You by the sounds of it have door catch micro switch fail, it is a DIY job if you have a little no-how with cars, it took me about 1hr but i didn't know what i was taking off i was doing it blind (so to speak)

Hope this helps

Cheers Phil

Sounds like it might be beyond me, personally. But still gd to know what the problem is - many, many thanks!

The problem will be the micro switch in the door catch itself, a common fault the only down side is its a door catch replacement about £50 + labour

Where abouts are you? as Mike (Skipton) could probably do this if you are up around the Manchester area or Sarge around the London (just to name a couple)

Cheers Phil

Back