Petrol filler/Alarm switch

J

jp.oog

I've just noticed that my petrol filler/alarm switches don't always work. Sometimes they have that familiar red glow and work but if they don't glow they don't go.
Am i right in suspecting an earth problem or are the switches due for replacement?

Thats how my other one worked. The interior lights come on but the switches are not always lit.

Just noticed that the inside light only comes on when the door is open and they key out not when the key is in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your little open door symbol come on the clocks when the door is open (ignition on or off)???if it doesn't then i would say its your door switch

Phil

Just nipped out to try it.
Unlocked car,
Door open symbol not on dash.
Put key in and door open symbol came on as did pillar switches illumination. Both switches worked.
Closed door and locked it
Unlocked car,
Door open symbol not on dash.
Put key in...door open symbol not on dash!
Switches not illuminated and did not operate.

I don't have much space to do major work any more but the smaller jobs I can handle with ease. Would be grateful for the info.

I see what you mean by "not for the faint hearted". Have had the door panel off before but not the window frame.
Silly question, where is the switch then?

I've recently had to replace the petrol flap button. It was £15 from audi & my husband just slotted it in, was very easy

I've recently had to replace the petrol flap button. It was £15 from audi & my husband just slotted it in, was very easy

Hi A2lady, just realised this is your first post so welcome to the A2oc

Cheers Spike

Any idea of the part number for the door switch?
Wish it was just the pillar switches as I've replaced them before but the symptoms sound more like the door switch inside the door.

Any idea of the part number for the door switch?
Wish it was just the pillar switches as I've replaced them before but the symptoms sound more like the door switch inside the door.

Spike may now but you could always drop Mike a PM i tend to get my codes from him as our storeman can never seem to find anything for the A2 :mad:

Phil

Back