Philips BlueVision

Esson,

I have no experience of the Philips BlueVision bulbs, but I recommend OSRAM night breakers for both dipped and main.

The W5W 501 side light bulbs will fit, but be warned, they may scorch the plastic casing of the side light bulbs due to their operating temperature; some owners have already experienced this. Far safer and a much better way forward to increase visibility and style is to opt for LED side light bulbs.

Darren

I'm using the bluevision, they are reasonably bright but not the brightest of lamp bulbs. But they lasted over 2yrs compared to my previous 'white' bosch made bulbs. If any of them blow, I'll upgrade to HID instead because HIDs are much more affordable now.

DO NOT USE the 501 side light that came with the bluevision. One of my side light was burnt (slight browning) and lucky enough I found out before serious damage was done. I now have LEDs instead.

Thanks Darren, humps. I won't use the side lights. I'll get some LEDs instead.
I just want them for the whiter light they promise. :)

Also, thanks humps, for the IceLink idea you just gave me.
Read in your signature that you're using a Concert I(same as yours truly), was looking for some aux input for it. ++ for humps's sig.

I'm using Philips Blues as well, as humps says they give a cleaner/whiter light than stock bulbs but they aren't much brighter (maybe a little bit:))

...o yes don't use the Philips 501 bulbs as they are 5w and not the factory 3w. Get some tower LED bulbs (listed on this forum somewhere), they're superb. :D

After a 2 hour-long torment, I have fitted the Philips BlueVision H7's. H3's to go. I am very satisfied with their price/quality. Tomorrow morning, I'll be playing mechanic again, trying to fit the H3's. Wish me luck :)
I love the A2 too much, I want to get as much do-it-yourself work done. :p

After a 2 hour-long torment...

Esson,

By far the easiest way to change the bulbs is to remove the entire headlight assembly from the car. This ensures that access to the back of the unit isn't compromised by the bulk head of the car and surrounding engine bay components.

See Swiv's excellent guide in the link below. (Unfortunately the pictures seem to have disappeared, (at least they have on my computer), but the instructions should see you through on their own).

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2007&highlight=headlight+removal

Darren

Could anyone confirm if the 9 tower LED sidelights as discussed in this thread from ultraled's require a resistor?.

Are the sidelights monitored on the bulb warning / and or does the above have an integral resistor.

Cheers

Gary

Could anyone confirm if the 9 tower LED sidelights as discussed in this thread from ultraled's require a resistor?.

Are the sidelights monitored on the bulb warning / and or does the above have an integral resistor.

Cheers

Gary

No resistors required, and no bulb warning messages. :) Just fit and forget. :D

Back