photo's of A2 bodykit

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised when I first came to this forum (a little late I know!) here are some photographs of my A2 with the Audi bodykit and custom rear badges that I quickly took last night...

http://www.mediacitizen.com/audi

Let me know what you think.

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges

I like the car, body kiy looks nice. Will just have to find out if it possible fit and priced ok. I'm going to buy some of those s-line badges for my car, were did you get the turbo badge?

A2 Sport, Dolphin Grey, Bose, Red leather, Climate, Open Sky.

looks like the turbo badge came off the neighbor's porsche?

heh heh...

body kit looks nice...

did you remove your front fog lamps?

-gerard

2003 1.6 SE FSI Cobalt Blue & 1968 Dodge Charger

As mentioned before I didn't like the standard A2 rear badges, as the way it looks doesn't suit a 1.4 badge on the back. The custom badges don't lie, it just provides people with selective reading that's all! I sourced the badges from a UK company... http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/badges.html. The S-line badge is as far as I know the european version of our sport (with a couple of differences), and the 'Turbo' badge isn't off a porsche as that would just be cheap! It's actually quite different to the porsche and is off the American new Beetle turbo, so it's part of the VAG family. Both badges set me back around £35, plus a few hours with a hairdrier trying to get the old ones off!! - worth it in the end though. It did take a little while for me to source a good turbo badge as didn't want the porsche one, and had a style in mind for it.

I did it more than anything to be different from everyone else, essentially thats what you are supposed to do with your car, make it individual.

As for the fog lights, that's how it arrived. I'm not sure if you can get the front fogs with the bodykit? Don't see why not though. As I didn't spec the car up, I saw it in the garage as it was supposed to be a demo car, but I asked if I could have it instead!

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges

The bodykit certainly makes it individual - I saw an A2 with a bodykit in my local dealers some months ago but from what I remember it made the car look a lot more square and boxy. Your kit is the business. How much does the kit cost?

A2's do turn heads but I bet you get a lot of admiring looks and attention.

You've got me thinking, new 90 BHP engine due soon + bodykit + leather. I get itchy feet around this time of year anyway; Sept 2001 bought TDi SE, Nov 2002 bought TDi Sport. Dilema's, Dilema's!!!

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I've just phoned the Audi dealer, the Audi bodykit is costed at £1,500 including vat, fitting and spraying. That's about what I thought it would be to be honest. I just wish that I had the open sky roof, that for me is what it's missing! Well a twin pipe either side would probably be nice too.

MunkStar's A2 sounds like it would sit well with a bodykit, the mid grey with red leather... nice choice!

visit: http://www.mediacitizen.com/audi

Hi Michael,

Looks very nice. It seems to give the A2 a more solid stance, while hardly changing the unique lines of the car at all.
I'm not quite sure about the rear wing myself though. Bit too Halfords for me.

Kaine

That's fine, cos if we all liked the same thing the world would be a very dull place. Not sure what you mean about 'bit too halfords' though, as everything on there is factory fitted from the dealer, audi's own products. I would like to think that I have a bit more class than to stick halfords products on my car. I guess it's due to the fact that you are used to seeing the A2 without the bodykit so it will therefore appear strange, where as I never really looked at A2's properly before I decided to buy this one so I don't really get that feeling. But hey, it's like I said if we all liked the same stuff it would be dull!! It does help to give it more of an agressive stance though.

Do you have to be an a2oc member to add the photo's there Stuart, as there seems to be no obvious place to add them? I'm not actually an official club member, maybe I need to be?

Thanks Michael,
£1,500 doesn't sound too bad all in. All I'd do is have the front fogs,have the custom S4 badge on the front grill and rear hatch and the S line badges on the rubbing strip on the rear doors as per TT. I wasn't sure about the rear wing at first but seeing it with your bodykit it really does look the part.

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Sorry but I have to ask, why are you wanting to put an S4 badge on the front and rear? Cos without sounding funny it isn't ever going to be an S4?! or are you modifying the badge in some way, like chopping the '4' off and sticking a '2' next to it like in the A20C members meeting pics?

I do like the S-line badges, a touch of class about them.

I'll be interested to know if you can get fogs with this kit, as I think it would be much nicer with but I get the feeling that you can't have them, unless a custom mod takes place at the dealers, as other rare photo's of the Audi kit also don't have front fogs?! I might phone the dealer and ask them about it and see how much it is to have them fitted and ask if it has to be a custom job.

Sorry, my mistake, I meant S2

S2 sounds a bit more like it, where are you getting your badges from? Do you get them from Audi or a thrid party company? or are you just going to use the link I provided above?

I've seen the badges at VAG parts www.vagparts.com they are £15.72 plus vat. They also do the S line badges.

Hi Michael,

Sorry if I sounded rude with the Halfords comment. I was refering to the fact that the bolts heads can be seen on the side of the rear wing - it always reminds me of Max Power magazine, and Halfords.

Kaine

Kaine, never apologise for having an opinion, we are all entitled to express one. The Audi bodykit is a controversial optional extra considering the A2's intended target market so it's bound to prevoke responses similar to your halfords one. I was just interested to know what you ment by it that's all. I now know what you are getting at though with the visible bolt heads, and must admit that I was surprised to see the spoiler finished in that way, but you do grow to like it though with time. I hope that my earlier comments didn't come across as defensive or argumentative, as they were merely intended to be inquisitive only.

Does anyone know how to add my photo's to the a2oc site as suggested by Stuart? (i'm not an official member).

I like that fearure on the rear spolier, I think it makes it look more 'finished' than mine does - as well as being more practical.

mediazitizen,

Did you consider using a simple "S" ou "R" badge instead of a "S-Line" one?

Like this one:
rs4badge50.jpg

You take the S and the 4 out (give it to a Audi A4 friend!!!)... and use the R on the back.

The A2 R Turbo ... hmmmmm.....

I really like your car... very sporty looks indeed!
A twin or central exaust pipe would be also nice.

Cheers,
A2day

Speed doesn't kill... sudden deacceleration does!
small1.jpg
Audi A2 1.4 TDI
See it > http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe26.htm

i would like to add the kit but £1500, not to sure if i can stretch to it, i think i should spend the money on sat nav and getting it chipped. Maybe.
Maybe a present for the new year. Depending on what my insurance company says!

You said about badge removing was a couple of hours with a hair dryer, any increase on detailed infomation in regards to this or is it just that. Stand at the back of my car with my girlfriends hair dryer for ages untill it drops onto the ground?

A2 Sport, Dolphin Grey, Bose, Red leather, Climate, Open Sky.

Due to the fact that the badges are designed to be outside in all weathers the glue/adhesive is therefore designed to repel water, which is great. However, when it comes to diy removal of the badges it gives you a bit of a knightmare!

If you heat up the badges with a hair dryer (standard girlfriend issue will do), the glue between your car and the badge begins to melt. The more you can make it melt the better, as it will then come off a lot cleaner, cos if not you end up with a very readable badge in glue!! With any excess glue, try to heat it up and use a smooth instrument to get it off. I used an old plastic ruler for this.

There are probably better ways of doing this I would guess, maybe even your Audi bodyshop can advise on other methods?!

A2day, as for the 'RS' style badge, I didn't want to claim that my car was anything it's not, and I was worried that it may look cheap or a bit Blue Peter. I just really like the S-Line badges as they are classy, and I have a sport. I'm thinking of getting two for the rear doors as per the TT, as I think it looks nice but my worry is that it may start to look too much, and move towards that nasty obvious Max Power style mod's?!

To further my subtle A2 customisation process I have just ordered 4 Audi Sport lapel badges. 'Why?' I hear you cry, it's to brand my interior floor mats, a sport badge for each mat. It will need help from some additional adhesive but it should look really nice and subtle I think.

audi_lapel.jpg

As I was surprised that they weren't Audi branded for £70 a set! (got them free after a bit of complaining though, shy kids get nothing!).

This will hopefully just continue the personalisation inside as well as outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back