Picked up my A2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p666

Finally picked up our A2 today and overall we are very happy with it and just have one question at the moment and that is...

the clutch and the brake are on the same level (in terms of height from the floor) but the accelerator is quite a bit further down (towards the floor) compared to the other to pedals. Just want to know if that is normal on A2's ?

Also, and more importantly now after reading the owners manual just now! When we were driving home we noticed a symbol come on the speedo and it was like a tap shape. I thought it was something minor and have just read the owners manual and it says that it is a engine manament issue!!! Can't believe it! The dealer we bought it from said he serviced it! It wasn't a main Audi dealer just a used car dealer, but after seeing the history and checking the car over we know that the car is geniune 26,000 miler! Has anyone ever had this come up on their A2 ? Really worried it is something major! We've got a 3 month unconditional warranty but don't want the car going back to the dealer to get sorted after only having it for 12 hours!

Sorry for the long post!

any advice\feedback will be greatly appreciated!
P666[24]

Hi P666,

Glad you've got your motor. Take it back - best get it sorted now rather than later; I wouldn't worry about going back so early after picking it up - thats the main time dealers expect people to be fussy.

Also, dont worry about you post - thats not long. An old forum member, many moons ago used to write essays for posts (aka John Disdale)

Kaine

The accelerator pedal is lower than the brake pedal on our A2.

My wife commented on it soon after we got our A2 about a month ago.

I hadn't noticed but on checking on my VW Passat the accelerator is lower on that too!

I agree about taking your car back and getting it sorted at an ealy stage.

Trebor

A2 1.4 TDI 90bhp Sport, 2004, Cobalt Blue, Climate Control, DIS, Sport seats, Body Kit

Clamed down a bit now after speaking to the dealer and he said just bring back and we'll it out! which obviously was what I wanted to hear.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Cheers!

Hi P666

I have had the engine manament light come on before. It went after a few days. When I plugged in my VAG-COM and read the faults , it was giving some weird error. So I cleared the faults and nothing has appeared in the faults since and the light hasn't comeback on.
Have the dealer have a look at the car or if you know someone with VAG-COM get them to check before you go back as then you'll know what the problem is and see if the dealer is telling you the truth. Just my two cents :)

JD

Hi JD,

Thanks for that. I think I'm going to have invest in a VAG-COM myself incase I need it in future. The car is going back to the dealer tomorrow. Is the port where the VAG-COM connects inside the car or in the engine compartment?

P666

Please forgive my ignorance but what is a VAG-COM?

I guess it's some sort of software???

It is worth having my own VAG-COM?

How much does it cost?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks...Trebor

A2 1.4 TDI 90bhp Sport, 2004, Cobalt Blue, Climate Control, DIS, Sport seats, Body Kit

Hi p666,
I bought the cable on E-Bay for about 60 euro and then bought the software from http://www.ross-tech.com.
The VAG-COM connection is just under the steering wheel under the dash.

trebor1759 - This is for fault diagnosis and making changes to your car. An example of use is to read your own fault codes, so you can tell the dealer or mechanic what is exactly wrong with your car (engine/electrical faults only). You can also makes changes like making the car doors lock after 10mph and one touch locking and opening.
If you are interested in buying VAG-COM, you can buy it from a few places. Have a look on www.ross-tech.com and also EBay if you want to buy a cable. You can then find some online retailers who just sell the software

If you need any other information just ask....that's what this forum is for :)

JD

I also have had the engine management light come on. this happended july last year and took it back to dealer who could not find any reason for it. Hasnt been on since (bet it does now I have talked about it). Think its just one of those annoying things that happens with software driven cars. Warranty has exspired need to get it sorted out soon toss up between car care plan and warranty direct (they are more expensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back