Picking Up Car Today

Stan2stan2

A2OC Donor
Morning,

Off to pick up my New (to me anyway) A2 FSI today. Can't actually wait woke up at six and got straight on to the fourms looking at ways to improve my little car, but the main thing is what to do first. I may either put it in next week to my local garage, or do I place it in to my Loval Audi Stealer, not sure which. My local has always been very good with my other cars.

But a good clean is def on the cards, only trouble is I have to work tomorrow and not back until Tuesday night. But as I've waited this long for the car another couple of days is not going to hurt much.

I'll up load or try to upload pic's as soon as I can.

Happy motoring.

Good luck with the "new" car - seems you've already got the mod bug ;).
The FSi is a peach of an engine and performs best when you use the highest octane fuel available.
Let us know how you get along and don't forget the all important pictures.

blue skies
tony

The story so far, left this morning the pick up the car, arrived mid morning after a trek using the London train and underground system. Monies paid and keys handed over.

Started to drive the car homewards and it pulls to the left, steering wheel is off center as we drive probably a hands width down in a straight line. Okay fine not so bad will need looking at in a few days when I get a chance to put it in the garage.
Yes I did test drive the car but up the road and back and I was more interested in the engine and sounds from the suppression, totally missed the steering wheel.

Rear spoiler is broken something I didn't spot when I was looking round the car, car was parked under some over hanging trees, and wasn't washed which probably masked the whole repair. Looks like a new spoiler and it looks like it's tired to be repaired before but it's such a mess it need replacing.

Other than that, not too bad. Took it to have a Valet, which has brought up the Green, which In this sun looks nice. Pictures to come, I mainly use an IPad and I can't find a way in uploading them on here.

Symphony Radio works, I think with only two speakers at the front, more investigation to come on that front. Nice to see the DIS working, haven't driven Manual for 7 years and I think I've been spoilt, but I've got the A2 for a reason and staying with it.

image.jpg

Regards

Nice colour, what colour is the interior? More pics, more pics! :D Ive had mine for a week now, and I love it to bits.

Lovely colour. Unfortunately the rear spoiler is bonded to the screen and it comes as one part. The FSI spoiler is bigger than the other 2 engine variants available in the UK. . There was a member selling a rear screen on here recently. I think it's been sold but worth checking the selling forum. Memory serving it was Glen (martings).

Hopefully the pulling to the left is simply alignment and tyre pressure issues. Good luck with it. Fantastic colour pine green.

Nice colour!
There'll be other bits that pop up the more you drive it, but they are a brilliant little drive and my A2 feels very tight considering its age!

Pine Green, thank you.

Pictures will have to wait until mid week as I have to work tomorrow and won't be back home until Tuesday night. But I've sent most of the evening reading Achives from these fourms regarding RNS-E, leather seats, heated seats, parking sensors. Man the list is growing by the hour, first the steering then the other stuff.

Shame about the rear spoiler I'll post a picture soon so I can, I would like your have your opinon regarding repair, it looks like it could be repaired, or maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Back