Pics of my dash and kickwells :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Mason, that's a incredibly 'exotic' solution for achieving a good sounding car hifi system!
And that's mainly due to the construct you made for mid and high. I wonder if I would be able to stand those dark areas for very long, no matter how nicely it's all made and finished.

All in all I think you've done a great job in creating a finish and shape that does not look like 'Bob the Builder' implemented it. What is it that you cover the fiberglass in? Some thick yet flexible cloth of some sort, to prevent the epoxy from showing? Couldn't be paint, now could it - that would look like 'Bob's' work...

For reference, I'll shoot a picture of my tiny tweeter-on-a-rod setup. Then you'll have a laugh!

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Thanks Swiv...

I could have made some builds using some really good drivers that you could barely even notice.. But as it's kind of a demo car I wanted to use the best speakers I could get my hands on...

I'm actually not that happy with the finish at the moment, but I needed to get them covered so they didn't draw so much attention.

It's covered in a strechable fleece at this time. What I'm probably going to do in the near future is coat that with fibreglass to make them ultra strong. Then filler and cover in alcantara to get the finish to a show standard...

The blind spots really aren't as bad as you'd first think. I actually prefer it now as I no longer try and look through the small window and look around instead. I found that the small windows made things worse..

The tweets are no worse than a tax disc...

Post those pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back