Plastic trim paint?

iainmd

Having now managed to get a replacement speaker grille for our broken one I now need to spray it to as close a colour as possible to the original Soul black. The new one is grey as it's the only colour still supplied by Audi (useful!).

Does anyone have much experience of plastic paints? Essentially I'm looking for a brand/type recommendation as I don't want the paint to start flaking off in the future. If anyone knows of a particularly close match to Soul black it would be even better.

Thanks in advance,

Iain

Hi mate

I sprayed up my speaker grills.

Used plastikote super primer, then super matt black.

Mine are basically the same colour as the door cards now

John

A new one in the right color is 11€!
So it is more expensive to buy the color spray...

Otherwise: RAL 9005 black matt

Last edited:
Erstens,

It would be if they still made them! Audi no longer make Soul black or beige, believe me I have tried. The dealer called Audi UK who confirmed that the part is discontinued.

Iain

Ah ok!
In Germany there is a way to search for dealers who have parts in stock.
There may be a chance to get some new ones.

Yesterday I sold a set of door panels including all speaker grills.

But I think I might have one or two black grills.
Which one do you need? Front/rear, small(tweeter)? I think you need the big one right?.
Front, rear? Left, right?

Last edited:
Erstens,

Thanks for your reply. It's the rear door, right hand side (on a left hand drive car it would be the back door passenger side). It's Soul Black. If you can source one I would be sooooo grateful.

It would be so much easier to pop a new one in than take the door skin off and respray both sides to match. If you can find one please do let me know and I will organise payment for the part, shipping and ein großes Bier!

I have attached a picture. It's hard to see but the grille is smashed at the front edge.

Regards,

Iain

Ah ok!
In Germany there is a way to search for dealers who have parts in stock.
There may be a chance to get some new ones.

Yesterday I sold a set of door panels including all speaker grills.

But I thin I mihjt have one or two black grills.
Which one do you need? Fron/rear, small(tweeter)? I think you need the big one right?.
Front, rear? Left, right?

Is there anyone in Germany that can source the Bose rear grilles in Soul Black Erstens? At a minimum, myself and Danb would be eager customers! :D

RAL codes for darkBeige and lightBeige

A new one in the right color is 11€!
So it is more expensive to buy the color spray...

Otherwise: RAL 9005 black matt

Hi erstens

Do you know (you or someone else) the RAL color for the dark beige center console and the light beige of the plastic around the gear lever ?
In my A2, these plastic parts have peeled. Ugly :(

Thanks

Door grills

@ Erstens,

I am looking for the left, back, Böse, door grill in Soul. I Have a brand new, non Böse, Soul, left back side speaker grill for part exchange or if anyone interested.

Danke & Gruss, Didier

Today I got the information, black grills are available! But no Bose grills.

So who needs which grills?

Back