Please help with a simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indiana Jones

Hi All,

My girlfriend bought a new Audi A2 about a year ago and only uses it for very short trips each morning to work, so she has very few miles on it- maybe 2,000 at this point. How often should she change the oil? It's synthetic, right? To be safe, and considering she does quick stop-and-go trips, shouldn't she change it at least every 6-8 months regardless of mileage, or is that too much?

Many thanks,

Indiana Jones

1 year or 15.000 km
with long-life 2 years or 30.000 km
but in any case i think that the check will show you when its time to make the service!!!

foto2.jpg
icon161.gif
foto3.jpg
icon161.gif
foto1.jpg
icon161.gif
foto4.jpg

...NEXT STEP??...'18...
sticazzi.gif

Welcome to the forum Indiana Jones!
I am a great fan of your movies...and a good question asked - one that I have not seen before.

Riso - I think there is something missing from your signature! [?]

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | 2004 A2OC Competitions | Join the A2OC!

Greetings friends,

Thanks for the quick response. What's this Audi "long life" thing I've heard mentioned exactly? Is that a special kind of synthetic oil, and what's the best way for me to find out if she has it (considering she lives far away in Geneva and knows nothing about cars)? So the car has a service indicator too, eh? My E30 BMW had one but it never seemed to trigger early enough (for my cautious tastes, anyway)....

Kind Regards,

Indy
1987 Porsche 944S

yes...maybe my signature is a little bit out of order!!!i will, change as soon as possible!
for the difference between long life and normal service, is only the kind of oil! the long life oil is a synthetic one, and is guaranteed 30.000 km! the normal one is only for 15.000....to know if yuor car have or not the long life you can check on your instrument! push the left auction and you will see on your computer the Km till the next service!

foto2.jpg
icon161.gif
foto3.jpg
icon161.gif
foto1.jpg
icon161.gif
foto4.jpg

...NEXT STEP??...'18...
sticazzi.gif

I thought that it was even guaranteed to 50.000 km or two years. I did 50.000 km before my first maintenance and 30.000 (80.000 total) before the second.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

quote:Originally posted by deheld

I thought that it was even guaranteed to 50.000 km or two years. I did 50.000 km before my first maintenance and 30.000 (80.000 total) before the second.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi
is right....the audi oil, whit long life specific is guaranteed 50.000 km, but i think tha is better change it before.....i change evry 15.000 km, but i have the chip and is better change before!
in any case you can make 50.000 km whitout problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back