Polystyrene Box in boot

mgag.1

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to remove the Polystyrene box thing in the boot area as I would like to use this area as extra storage?

I have tried pulling it & tugging to no avail?

Maybe they are glued in & I have to destroy it to get it out?

Please see attached pictures for location.

Thanks Mark.

You'll find you have to destroy the block, as it's normally stuck in place.

If you do store anything in there, make sure it's not heavy, as the polystyrene is there for a reason - to keep the balance of the car right (yes, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true!).

Cheers

Mike

the balance of the car is... unbalanced !
The front end is much heavier than the rear end.
More weight to the rear would be a good thing for the balance, but more weight in absolute is always a bad thing.

must be a thing with the non-factory Bose cars ;-)

I have Bose so 'most' of the tools are under the driver seat and IIRC, I can take the polystyrene box out. The only tool at the back is the jack, sitting at exactly the same place as in picture with its own, smaller polystyrene box that is removable also.

my polystyrene boxes have been out for a while.... and back in again right now until I decide what to do with the sub....it needs a bit too much airspace, so it's on the right-side of the boot for the time being.

Bret

The box referred to by the OP is where later models had their diversity aerial changer fitted, as well as the slot for the Navi module or tv tuner module on RNS-D equipped cars.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi all
in photo's there is a covered opening/slot too the right of the battery slot.
i have this with no cover and a plastic box with wiring attached !
does anyone know what this is??
cheers
Dave

The plastic box is for housing a tv tuner (on RNS-D equipped cars) or a navigation unit (on all other versions, post 2002).

The electronics are the diversity change-over unit for the radio.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike
thanks for that so does that mean if i can get an rsn-d navplus it will go straight in???
cheers
dave

Back