Poor sound in rear speakers (2nd hand car)

smiigl

Hello all!

I was suprised to find just an active forum for A2 owners. This is great. :)

Anyway I have just bought A2 1.4 and I've been really happy with it.
Only thing that bothers is some problems with the radio and sound. I guess the former owner has changed original cassette player to a cd player (VDO).
One problem is buzzing noise that comes from the player it self. It is not coming louder if turning on the volume and one can hear it when playing cds too. Might be just poor quality radio? Another problems is that the sound from rear speakers is really weak (you can still hear it) and when I turn off the power from the car key one can hear a "plop" sound from the rear speakers. I've been reading earlier threads, so can it be that I'm missing the amp for rear speakers and that causes these weird sounds? Can one still find and buy this kind of amp and is it difficult to install? I am living in sweden.
Many thanks in advance!

edit: I checked under the passenger seat (right side) and found an amp box. So the problem is not that I guess. I forgot the mention, the car is year 2001.

Last edited:
First, take a look what you find Located on a bracket in passenger floor. Is there a 3 inches long and 5 inches high silvercolored Blaupunkt Amp? I think , prwering the rear direktly by the radio would be best but maybe there is a high-low-adapter and that causes the problem

I had issues similar to this when I changed my standard headunit for a Blaupunkt DAB headunit, but only with the BOSE system.

There was a ticking sound, in time with the engine, similar to alternator whine and a bang on switch on and switch off.

The bang was caused by extra grounding transistors in the Blaupunkt, but I never solved the ticking, despite throwing all kinds of supressors and capacitors at the system.

In the end, the problem went away when I installed RNS-E!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned I managed to find the amp under the passengers floor. So at least the rear speakers should work. Maybe these aftermarket radios just don't work as well as original ones. Oh well, I probably just go with these specs for now... Is it easy to find original (is it concert II having the cd?) from ebay etc?

Thanks again

Sam

Back