Power steering pump part number

Hi there - does anyone know the part number of the A2 power steering pump and was it used on any other Vag products - also is there only one pump for all models and years?

Regards Scimmyowner

Hi Scimmyowner
The A2 has an electric pump with integral reservoir and controller and not the more usual belt driven unit.
It's an 8ZO p/n so won't be used on other Audi models. Not sure of the full p/n or if the same pump fits all model years.

Cheers Spike

spike said:
Hi Scimmyowner
The A2 has an electric pump with integral reservoir and controller and not the more usual belt driven unit.
It's an 8ZO p/n so won't be used on other Audi models. Not sure of the full p/n or if the same pump fits all model years.

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike - but I have answered my own question - I have just found a receipt in my service history for a pump - Part number 8ZO 423 156 R - there is a pump for sale on ebay at the moment which it claims is suitable for A2 but part number is not the same . As I am planning to keep my A2 for a long time I was going to possibly buy a pump as a spare as I know that this item is a known weak spot (judging by my receipt a common failure item) . Anyway thanks for spending time to reply to my post

Speak to you again - David

Back