Powerflex ARB Bushes

Lee S

I have had the ARB replaced by Audi about two years ago now. I assume it was changed from the old type to the new type with the steel bush flanges. I think it was fitted with new bushes at the time too.

Would I reap any benefits from removing these bushes and fitting some Powerflex bushes instead? I know they don't cost much but I don't want to bother if there are no real performance gains. Also, will the Powerflex bushes (Polo I believe) fit the new type of ARB I have? Isn't it a different diameter to the old one?

I am having my suspension fitted a week tomorrow, so if it's worth fitting these ARB bushes I will get some on order tomorrow and have them done at the same time too.

Thanks for any advice,

Lee

My experience of these powerflex bushes is that they serve only to increase transmission of noise and vibration into the chassis - not really want you want - I put some on my Audi S2 and took them off about 6months later they really made the car more harsh to be in. Just get normal stock rubber.

Thanks Dan.

I will leave these as standard then. Don't want any nasty vibrations or noises either.

Cheers,

Lee

Back