Problem! 8Z0199293R and 8Z0199294R

coola2

My mechanic is carrying out some repairs on my 1.4 75hp tdi and these two part numbers have popped up as a requirement.

8Z0199293R and 8Z0199294R

Console parts ^

Are these available?

I’ve read some old posts about the threads going bad because they’re aluminium and over time deteriorate / wear.

Im not sure if this is the exact problem with mine, but for now will assume that’s what it is.

Anyway, can I get these parts anywhere ?
Been doing brief searching online and haven’t found any promising results.

Thanks.

Can't help you with sourcing these parts, when I needed them a couple of years ago they were available new. You need a breaker who doesn't need to keep the donor car mobile to dispose of it. I couldn't find one at the time so bought new.

These parts don't deteriorate as such but they do suffer from galvanic corrosion. A rubber bush, that houses the rear of the lower suspension arm, which should press out gets stuck solid and a jig is required to support the console while the bush is pressed. Is your mechanic saying these bushes need replacing? It is rare to need to replace these, they last well.

A bolt that secures the front of the lower suspension arm seizes solid with aluminium oxide. It strips the female threads out of the console. Has your mechanic stripped these threads? If so they can be repaired using Helicoils.

I've got a couple here, inbox me and I'm sure we can sort something out, unless you want to go down the brand new route.

Andy
Thank you

I’m gonna suggest the rethread / helicoil or whatever first and if that’s a no go, then I’ll be onto you for them!!!

Back