Problem 'Concert 1'' needs a new head.. Any suggestions with handsfree phone etc

Birty

Audi Concert.. 1 or 2 I dunno? (round controls on each side and single cd) Its been a real pain of late.. Jumping disc when hitting bumps and making weird noises on start up..Time to replace but any suggestions for a straight forward/easy to fit upgrade please. No wiring or dash mods if I can help it... I Need bluetooth hands free too! Is DAB and a better sound too much to ask now its some 11 years out of date??

Last edited:
Its been a real pain of late.. Jumping disc when hitting bumps and making weird noises on start up.

If it's skipping, chances are that the laser or the CD transport suspension needs replacement/repair.

Time to replace but any suggestions for a straight forward/easy to fit upgrade please. No wiring or dash mods if I can help it.

The Audi head units aren't easily replaced with aftermarket units because of the way they're wired. Rather than having simple electrical lines that power up and power down the unit with the ignition (and ditto for button illumination on/off), the Audi units are controlled via a digital data network (CAN bus). This means that there isn't the wiring in place to control a vast majority of aftermarket units. I have provided the necessary wiring to enable the fitting of aftermarket head units for a few members, so it is possible. Audi also sell little fascia adapters, meaning physical dash modification isn't necessary.

I Need bluetooth hands free too! Is DAB and a better sound too much to ask now its some 11 years out of date??

Better sound is too much to ask. The Audi head units are great pieces of kit. CD playback and analogue amplifiers haven't changed at all in a long, long time, so a newer head unit won't make any difference to the sound quality unless you're going to replace the door speakers and such as well (which opens another can of worms). New features (such as DAB and Bluetooth) can be found on aftermarket units, of course. There's nothing to stop you from adding Bluetooth to the Concert II (as I and many others have done), but it cannot easily be upgraded to DAB.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thanks.. Not what I was hoping for/ a quick fix... Maybe have a quick look inside it once i have sussed how to remove it...Parrot blue tooth it is then???

The easiest and cheapest thing to do to start with, is run a CD Lens cleaner disc in it first then see what happens.

Sarge

Back