Problem with the led on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dav

Hi every body
My nam is david an I'm french (sorry for the english)
I write you because I have a problem with the LED on the drivers door. At the begining when I closed the door, the led began immediately to flash. Actually the led stay on about 60 s and after begin to flash irregulary.
So I don't what does that mean, and what can I do.
Could' you help me

Hi Dav,

If the LED illuminates and does not flash, then try pressing the unlock button on the remote key fob and then press the locking button, that usually remedies this on mine.

As to why it does this I don't know, I haven't had a chance to quiz my local dealer as I've only noticed this a couple of times.

Regards,

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

Just bought my 1.6 FSi, 1st trip to Audiosville. Hate the interior does any one else agree there are not enough cubby holes for coins pens phones etc. Door pockets are poorly designed and if i have a drink in the drivers side cup holder it interfears with my hands on the indicator stalk. Shame as the materials used etc are fab

Storm, having read both posts, I have to ask the question. Why have you got an A2? Was it a personal purchase or was it thrust upon you as a company car?
Agree, the cubby storage space could be better - but it's not the worst offender by a long margin. Never had a problem with the cup holders - but then I have never actually driven the car with the cup holder open. I only use them while stationary.
As for the 1.6 FSi engine, what you say in your other post is a trait of this type of engine, wether it be the 1.6 or the 2.0 in the new A3 or A4. If you know you are going to be pulling away sharpish (from a junction say) give the throttle a bit of a blip to wake the engine up just prior to actually moving off. Seem to remember 1.6 owners saying this elsewhere.
It has all been said before about the engine though. Drive it like Miss Daisy and get great MPG or if you want some fun you have to work the engine quite hard.
Will the A2 grow on you? That all depends on why you now have an A2. I love our A2 because it is different from all the Fords, Hondas, Vauxhalls etcout there looking the same as each other. It handles like a sports car on the twisty stuff, yet returns great MPG. Finally, its safe.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Storm, I was wondering why you chose the A2. A Humvee would probably have plenty of storage, and a machine gun mount. It's horses for courses isn't it.

Why did i buy an A2, because as you said it's quirky and different and i was very impressed with the technology Audi had put into this car and living in london this type of car is ideal. And it's so much superioir to The A Class. I just think it was a flawed gem that could of been so much better and hopefully the Mk2 has these areas addressed.

As for the Humvee nah, have you been inside one !! but the Lambo Jeep hmmmmmmm now thats .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back