Puddle light

Aivarukas

Last edited:
The A2's door control modules can't be coded, so puddle lights are generally wired into the interior lights, I believe.

Cheers,

Tom

I figured out that it shouldn't be a problem connecting to the interrior lights.

Plenty of people have done this, so it's certainly not too difficult. You'll need to add some extra pins to the connectors at the A-pillars, but otherwise I can't see it being too much work.

Best of luck,

Tom

Yer its easy enough to do.

Run 2 wires into each door, via the A pillar connector.

I then ran the +ve feeds and connected them to one of the +ve terminals (from large battery +ve) in the passenger footwell, with in line fuses.

Then you link the -ve feeds to one of the brown / white wires that goes into the comfort control unit in that same footwell, with a diode inline, to prevent them turning on when the interior lights are on. They will then only
come on when the doors are opened or the key is removed from ignition etc.

John

Could you give more details about components You used? Do you proceed same as in first link or noticed something that should be different? What LED used? Thanks :)

I just used Strip LEDs which I mounted to the inside back edge of the door trim card.

When you open the door it then allows you to see everything around the door area.

I think they were 12xLED strips, which have self adhesive on them. I then used 2 fuses at 1amp each, for right and left sides of the car and got a big reel of wire from maplin

John

Back