QT type alloy wheel bolts

Hi there - can anyone tell me if the standard alloy wheel bolts can be used with these wheels or do you need new bolts and if so what type is required. I currently have the six spoke se type alloys. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Dave

QT bolts are marked M14x1.5 CH17

Picture attached of standard bolt from 16" Alloys and specific bolts for the QT Alloys, note the collar!

They weren't cheap as I had to get a full set of specific ones and chromed ones for the QT wheels.

Attachments

• 20160109_132535_resized.jpg
    20160109_132535_resized.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20160109_133848_resized.jpg
    20160109_133848_resized.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 207
Hi there - had a quick look - am I looking for 60 degree taper seat bolts. If so what length do I require. I realise they need to be m14 x1.5mm thread as you have noted above with 17mm head size just don't want to purchase the wrong ones. Sarge - where did you buy yours.

Cheers Dave

The length? they are same as standard alloys lengthwise I believe. I bought them from Audi with a set of QT alloys (Hence not cheap), many a year ago and can't remember what they cost now. I have been through a couple of sets of QT's.

I sold wheels but kept the bolts to see if they will fit my DTM. I haven't removed the alloys on my DTM to see if they fit as yet. Car's not here otherwise I'd check for you, won't know till next week. The bolts on the DTM have caps on them and since they are fiddly to remove before you can get to bolt head to put wheel brace on, I was hoping it would be easier on my back if I just had these chromed bolts onto which the brace can go straight onto. If they don't fit they may well be up for sale! (bagged, sealed brand new).

Sarge

Hi Sarge - in no rush - if you let me know next week if the correct wheel nuts are for sale i will seriously consider it if the price is not too bad. If you decide you require them I will look for alternative source but would rather buy yours if available.
If not am I right in saying I require the tapered seat (60 degree) angle versus the radius seat type (more cup like) as yours look more like the former in your photos.
Anyway let me know when you can next week and I will plan ahead.

Thanks for the great help.

All the best - david

Back