Quantity of oil

mtl

A2OC Donor
I just changed oil on my 1.4 petrol. According to service book I should put in 3,3 litres of oil. Since oil stick is useless (yes, i have the orange one :(), I checked how much old oil I took out. It was around 2,4 litres + the oil in oil filter. So I put in 2,7 litres of oil to prevent to much oil that could cause damage to catalytic converter. There is no oil light. On oil stick I can't see anything.
Should I put additional 0,3 litres of oil in, or should I wait for the oil lamp.

PS: How much oil can I put in when the oil lamp goes off? I used to put in 0,2 litres, can I put in more? As already pointed out, I cannot trust the oil stick.

Of course, oil filter was changed :). Though I have to say that A2 has the worst place for oil filter.

yep, it's a btich to change. <sigh>: did mine while I was in Germany. Should have cleaned it at the same time, will probably do that in a couple of weeks and replace again, this time with Shell Helix again. The cheap stuff is silly-loud on cold start.

- Bret

Well, I put in Shell Helix Ultra AV-L 5W-30 LongLife 3, so I think that this should be OK :). I use it also for Octavia 1.9TDI and my parent's Fabia 1.4 petrol. This oil is so good, you can use it for everything :). Well, you cannot use it for salad :). And I used original VAG 030115561AN oil filter.
Anyway, car was on variable interval and it has done 13.400 km from last interval. It had still 4300 km to service, but I changed it anyway, since in the last year majority of use was for a few km long drives.
Anyway, thx for the info regarding Vagcom. Will try it tomorrow to see where the oil level is. Probably will add additional 0,3 litres of oil and then when the oil lamp goes off.

Back