Quick questions and answers

SauMart

Hi guys,
I've noticed we don't have such thread where we could ask something that is sometimes on a rush or sometimes it doesn't look like it is worth a new thread, dumb question, etc. It's quite popular and useful in other forums:)
The point of this thread is to help each other and just tell the essence or show the thread which is related/useful. Because I've found myself, that when you start looking for something particular and found e.g. like 10 threads corresponding to the problem and end up like with 10 more referenced threads.

If that is somehow off this forum policy - please delete the thread :)

So I'd start a thread and will ask if someone could tell me if the wiring 8Z0927904 (no.4 on the picture) http://www.vagcat.com/p/B194/927000.png comes with connectors on both ends or just one - to the ABS sensor? and the other is just plain wires? I've changed ABS sensor from breakers and there is still same problem..ABS+ASR lights, 3 beeps, brake light on dash. Got two errors on ABS block:
00283 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47): Electrical Fault in Circuit
00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30: Implausible Signal

So now I suspect the wiring/ABS block itself or it's something else? Googled out, that I need to check fuses because of the second error.

Hi guys,
I've noticed we don't have such thread where we could ask something that is sometimes on a rush or sometimes it doesn't look like it is worth a new thread, dumb question, etc. It's quite popular and useful in other forums:)
The point of this thread is to help each other and just tell the essence or show the thread which is related/useful. Because I've found myself, that when you start looking for something particular and found e.g. like 10 threads corresponding to the problem and end up like with 10 more referenced threads.

If that is somehow off this forum policy - please delete the thread :)

We are not the type of forum to delete threads that can be useful to members. Our viewpoint is that of you post a thread and it gets a good response and is usefull then that is great.

A classic example is the "Today I......" thread started bys Simon (SCO) recently, that has really taken off and in my opinion that was a great addition to the forum.

So let's give this one a whirl and see what the response is like.

If you want to clarify any guidelines for its use, that would help, just so that people know when to use the "How To" thread instead of the "Q & A" thread. that will ensure that its stays "on message".

Cheers
Steve B

Yes I agree this is in principle a good idea. Searching the forums is sometimes a bit of a minefield and also dependant on your savvy with computers. We have a Spike in our favour of course. :cool:

That said I've been guilty in the past of recommending people try a search when asking a question on a well documented question and I don't like it when some regulars can be quite blunt with responses to a subject which is 'old hat'. It's not old hat if you're new to the car and maybe we can be a little impatient at times when we perceive a question is based on well documented common knowledge.

So I think a Q and A thread has some legs. It has potential as one if those 'ask a tech' threads which sit behind pay wall on other forums.

Good idea

Can I suggest that SauMart opens a new thread with a brief introduction to how it should be used and perhaps we can make it a "Sticky" one.

We can move this question over to it then.

The new Q & A thread should be uncluttered and only contain the introduction, and then only Q & As, to keep it focussed?

Steve B

It is a good idea but the issue is that if it becomes a long thread then valuable info will be hard to find unless you happen to be viewing regularly.

Thanks for the support, you can add something to the first post if necessary. The idea as you described is like "Today I..." but with more help function :) with free form, just keeping forum with less repeated threads..That's how I'm thinking, but two (or three) heads are better than one, so we could define it to make useful 110%.

murdo said:
If you want to clarify any guidelines for its use, that would help, just so that people know when to use the "How To" thread instead of the "Q & A" thread. that will ensure that its stays "on message".
I think this thread could be everything related to our A2s, even the drivers :))

Birchall said:
That said I've been guilty in the past of recommending people try a search when asking a question on a well documented question and I don't like it when some regulars can be quite blunt with responses to a subject which is 'old hat'. It's not old hat if you're new to the car and maybe we can be a little impatient at times when we perceive a question is based on well documented common knowledge.
It's good to use search (and I'm doing this as well), but maybe authorities should delete part of repeating threads leaving most valuable ones in relation to the problem. That's my point of view, because I've noticed such trend here.

It's good to use search (and I'm doing this as well), but maybe authorities should delete part of repeating threads leaving most valuable ones in relation to the problem. That's my point of view, because I've noticed such trend here.

We believe in keeping moderation to a minimum and it is not always right to just delete someone's post.

We prefer to ask them to delete their post if it really is a true duplicate.

We only step in when it is appropriate and justified.

The "How to Index" rthread seems to work well because rather than duplicating posts it merely gives a link to the original post, prehaps that approach might work on the "Q & A" thread too?

Steve B

That was my two cents Steve:) "How to Index" is very good thing and that is like holy grail :)
as I mentioned above this thread as intended to be for those small, dumb or other questions which seem not to be worth a thread like mine was. To keep forum as clean as possible. And repeated questions are natural as there are new members as me.. Sorry if I'm just mixing water in your pond (we have such expression) :)

That was my two cents Steve:) "How to Index" is very good thing and that is like holy grail :)
as I mentioned above this thread as intended to be for those small, dumb or other questions which seem not to be worth a thread like mine was. To keep forum as clean as possible. And repeated questions are natural as there are new members as me.. Sorry if I'm just mixing water in your pond (we have such expression) :)
No need to apologise, your suggestion is exactly what we want to hear.

You are not muddying the waters in our pond at all, you suggestion is VERY wellcome and it is everyone's pond and so you have every right to suggest changes, please keep it up.
i just want to try to ensure that we make the most of it.

Steve B

We should see how it works, overall it can just be deleted.

I have a question: I can't visit a2oc.net on my smartphone. I'm using Windows phone and it's native browser and it was working properly, but like week ago it started to show only blank page - white. It shows, that page is being loaded and then only white screen. Anybody has the problem or experienced it?

We should see how it works, overall it can just be deleted.

I have a question: I can't visit a2oc.net on my smartphone. I'm using Windows phone and it's native browser and it was working properly, but like week ago it started to show only blank page - white. It shows, that page is being loaded and then only white screen. Anybody has the problem or experienced it?

Browser access is clunky - have you tired the Tapatalk app? Works faultlessly for me, albeit on IOS.

And this thread is a great idea but the problem is that it will soon divert off topic and become conversation punctuated by the odd question.

I haven't tried the Taptalk, but browser reset did the job and now I can visit a2oc.net from anywhere :)

Back