Rain-X on headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

deheld

Has anyone applied Rain-X to the headlights ?? Since teh lights are getting dirty very fast I'm thinking of applying a coat of RainX to keep them clean. But I don't want to risk of damaging the glass.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Yes I apply it to all the glass including lights and external mirrors.

I've tried it too and it seems to work well.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

I've previously advised someone to stay away from plastics with Rain-X.
And I was going to advise you the same, until I read some more stuff on the Internet...

Seems like the Rain-X bottle warns about NOT using it on plastic, but that is only because there is a very small group of inferior plastics that respond badly to it. And those are the types of plastic that don't stand the weather very well anyway.

So go ahead and treat the headlights too. Might last longer than on the windshield (where I found it pretty useless after a even the least usage of the wiper).

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Thanks,

I'll try it tomorrow !

Swiv, I don't want to use it on the front window only on the lights, rear and side windows, I'm afraid the windshield might smear.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Good decision. The windshield will start smearing very soon indeed with Rain-X.
I think you will be better off with Ombrello for that (other forum members have used that with much better results).

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

rainx on the headlights works really quite well....

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, 17", sports suspension, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back