RallyDay Show Chatsworth House

wooly A2

I Would like to say thank you to everyone who turned up for the social at Chatsworth House,
as you no this was my last event as the social secretary but definatly wont be my last as an attendee .

Although we all have the one thing in common we idolize the car we drive i feel that i really have made some great friends in this club and hopefully we will still see each other at future events it was great to see the same faces again that where at The Lake District but also good to see some new members coming along ....

I also enjoyed the camping trip which i think we can say is going to be a regular thing know so if you've never tried it go get yourself a tent or hangar in the case of Mike and Angie just the right size for the A2 curry club to attend LOL !!!!

I Had a number of problems over the weekend with the car and myself , which with the assistance of the A2 Crew managed to sort out and i expect all who attended will remember in one way or another so thanks once again to all who attended and all the people who pushed the car they know who they are LOL!!!!

Darren thanks for digging all the stuff out the Boot of your car .....Will definatly vote for Kayliegh....:)
Mike thanks for the assistance to put up the tent ...:)
Maria i EXPECT to see the photo's later LOL !!!!;)

Hopefully ive given you lots of laughs over the weekend Darnnnn!!!!!!!!;)

Great weekend out again. looking forward to castle combe now. Carl i liked your t-shirt idea (A2 owners do it under open sky). Mike thanks for inviting everybody in to your heated marquee.

Once again a superb weekend despite the freezing conditions on Saturday night!

I look forward to seeing some pics, with special thanks to Carl for the comedy events, Mike for the banqueting marquee and Marie for the lollipop stick I found in my hood :p

See you all again in a few weeks at ADI

Fellow members, sorry I didn't manage to make it - work commitments and all that, sounds like yet another successful event, credit to Carl again, not forgetting it takes a good turn out to make it sucessful so you all take some credit too, hopefully we'll be at some event in the future.
Mike

The work starts now to find a gazeebo for the club that we can put the logo on, along with a flag (with aluminium flag pole, complete with an errant 'clunk' for authenticity :) ).

In the works for Ian and I to sort is:

Curry Club meeting in late November 2007
Trip to Duxford Air Museum Spring 2008
Camping Trip for Summer 2008 (complete with the smell of sea air...)
The Rally Show 2008...

Once again I'd like to say thanks to Carl (WoolyA2) for sorting out this event - it's no mean-feat and the coordination required takes lots of time and effort. Ian (driveforward) and I will have to work hard to maintain the momentum.

Haha.. Good one Chris :p

Indeed, we have our hands full with stuff to sort out. Carl hasn't escaped without some responsibility though, as he is now our 'Merchandising Manager' ;) - but the success of this and previous events is down to Carl and we do indeed have a tough benchmark to live up to!

Don't forget the annual ADI event also Chris..!

Chatsworth

It was good to meet up again with friends old and new.My thanks to Carl for all the work you have done in the past with arrangements for these events. We had a good day in spite of the early poor weather and by the way Darren C no diversions in Chesterfield on the way back!!!!!

Cheers
Malcolm.

Hi everyone.
It was good to meet up with you all and finally put a face to the names.
We had a good day on the sunday and had a few laughs listening to your camping exploits, - icey tents, flat batts, 'free delivery' from the local indian takeaway, etc.
We stayed to the bitter (cold) end and got some more good piccies. Download some soon - when I figure how too.

Nearly got agreat deal !! A straight swop, my A2 for the Nemesis.
Just as the wife elbowed me for snoring too loud !!

Hope to see you all again soon, but doubt if I'll be able to make Castle Combe.

Cheers
Bob

P.S. Wonder if the poor old Porsche driver woke up with sore head this morning ???

The 300hp nemis looked very nice. To me it didnt look fast, but i think that is how they intended the prototype to be, as the production version will have just over 500hp. I was quite shocked when i asked how you get the the mechanicals to be told it has to be totally stripped down. They ve now made the nesacary modifications so the production version will have a sub frame holding the mechanicals this will be dropped by undoing 6 bolts.

Very shiny car you had jimbobaroo, very nice colur too.

Hi alex'
I did notice and wondered about the V8 stuck under the bulk head area like it was.
Not easy to get to when it breaks down during the Paris - Dakar !

Did consider putting the A2 body on my S2a LandRover chassis for next years rally, -
but somehow don't think it'll have the same effect..... not the right colour.
Trouble with a shiney car - the wife expects it all the time now !!!!!

Hi everyone.
It was good to meet up with you all and finally put a face to the names.
We had a good day on the sunday and had a few laughs listening to your camping exploits, - icey tents, flat batts, 'free delivery' from the local indian takeaway, etc.
We stayed to the bitter (cold) end and got some more good piccies. Download some soon - when I figure how too.
Just as the wife elbowed me for snoring too loud !!

Cheers
Bob

P.S. Wonder if the poor old Porsche driver woke up with sore head this morning ???
HEY Jimbobaroo and Family glad you could make it perhaps one day you will be able to make it on a camping trip and be part of the Camping Fun and dont worry about the Snoring cos i reckon theres more that F***, Grunt and Snore than you can imagine ........LOL !!!:)

Would love to see some pics especially the TR7 Watersplash one ........

I Think the porsche driver definatly had a bad case of Whiplash thats for sure .......

The work starts now to find a gazeebo for the club that we can put the logo on, along with a flag (with aluminium flag pole, complete with an errant 'clunk' for authenticity :) ).

As for the piccies, our battery went dead while trying to download them last night (there are over 400...) so I'll have a go at putting them on a disc tonight and uploading some tomorrow.
After looking through all my pics around the car clubs i could not help noticing that we where the only club there without some sort of marquee/gazebo .....;)
Cany wait to see some more pics ......:)

I just want to echo the thoughts and comments of those who attended the Chatsworth Rally & camping weekend. It was a fun, action packed and memorable experience from start to finish and was a fitting tribute to our departing social secretary Carl, (aka wooly A2). A big thank you from Diane and I to Carl and to everyone for making the entire weekend such an enjoyable experience and success.

There were too many highlights to list them all, but some are worth a mention; from the unintentional comedy moments of Carl, the wonderful curry and beer club in the "west wing" of Mikes mansion, (aka tent), the passion of our members on all things A2 and all things not A2, meeting some new faces and of course the Rally itself.

A big thank you to Chris, (ULP) and Marie for playing such excellent hosts to two lodgers for the weekend, to Ian, (driveforward) for banter and good conversation and to Mike, (Skipton01), and Ange for their hospitality and enthusiasm.

This was our first 'adult' camping experience and I am sure that it won't be our last... we just need some more socials now eh Chris / Ian... ;)

Oh and by the way...

...so thanks once again to all who attended and all the people who pushed the car they know who they are LOL!!!!

Darren thanks for digging all the stuff out the Boot of your car .....Will definatly vote for Kayliegh....:)

...you are welcome... a lesson on "fridge management" learned me thinks Carl... :D

Here's to our next outing after ADI!!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Darren

We had a good day in spite of the early poor weather and by the way Darren C no diversions in Chesterfield on the way back!!!!!

Cheers
Malcolm.

Pleased to hear that Malcolm; nice to know that you gained your sense of direction on the return leg... without the aid of the SAT NAV I trust?! :D

Nice to chat with you and meet up again. If you don't manage to make ADI, as I said, hope you and Mavis enjoy the cruise and the warmer weather.

Cheers,

Darren

LOL I Just read that back and i see what you mean it should have read .....

Originally Posted by wooly A2
and dont worry about the Snoring cos i reckon theres more F***, Grunt and Snore than you can imagine ........

The missing word is indeed art
What a one track mind you have Chris ......LOL !!!!

HEY Jimbobaroo and Family glad you could make it perhaps one day you will be able to make it on a camping trip and be part of the Camping Fun and dont worry about the Snoring cos i reckon theres more that F***, Grunt and Snore than you can imagine ........LOL !!!:)

Would love to see some pics especially the TR7 Watersplash one ........

I Think the porsche driver definatly had a bad case of Whiplash thats for sure .......
Hi Wooly.
A belated thanks for organising the tickets etc. , on our behalf. Forgot to mention it when we met up on Sunday, and like i said before it was good to meet you all.

I know exactly what you mean with the 'night noises' when camping, having spent a hell of a lot of time under canvas in the past.

Hopefully get some piccies on the other thread soon, but my TR7 in watersplash not as good as yours. Got some good video footage of the aftermath of a 'Porsche kissing tree' episode ...
Bob.

Back