Rattle and squeak

mattblack

My wife thinks I am going nuts, but my A2 has this very annoying rattle eminating from the passenger side. Can't work out if it's the door trim or roof. It's becoming a sad obsession! Anyone had any similar problems or even better solutions? Cheers.

This sort of thing can be impossible to track down. I had a similar thing on my previous car. Convinced it was somewher in the passenger footwell. turned out to be a trim panel in the boot. I presume you tried emptying the glove box and door pockets to eliminate the possibility of it being some of your stuff and not the car.

Yeah, tried that. Normally while driving, which ain't such a good idea. Just have to turn the stereo up or rip the door trim out.

It can also be the anti roll bar/steering bush. Father in law was convinced it was in the door or passeenger footwell until I told him to look at the bushes. Sure enough common fault diagnosed and replaced for ~£20 DIY.

Hi mattblack
The rattle could also be from the front rollbar droplinks. Another possibility is the locating pins which hold the bonnet in place at each corner, next to the base of the windscreen.

Cheers Spike

It could be anything to be honest.

I am a little obsessive about these things, so you could try using very thick card folded or plastic to wedge in any plastic trim gaps. If it stops, remove each piece in turn to locate the problem. If it's still there, then i think its either out of normal reach or nothing to do with the interior.

Hope this helps

Emm

Back