Rattle from passenger seat

Rich.

A2OC Donor
Hi,

I have been trying to solve this problem for ages, first I thought it was the sunroof blind but it is actually a rattle from underneath the passenger seat. It does it all the time when you go over any bumpy surfaces, it sounds like something is loose, and it is a metal sounding rattle.. Plus it will not do it when their is a passenger in the seat, it only does it when no one sits in it..

Any ideas?

You had that seat re-covered after the break in didn't you?

If so, I suspect it's not been re-installed correctly and this is what you're hearing.

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah should I contact them to see if they will fit it properly, it's still under one year warranty I would think.

In my car, at the rear mounting of the front seat runners, there is little mental block inside the mounting point on the car which moves side to side and is what the rear locating bolt screws into. There is also a plastic clip that is pushed into it to.

Cant remember if its the door side or console side runner, but either way I didnt tighten mine properly after I removed the seat to run new speaker wires and re-installed and this little metal thing was clanking around inside the runner.

So....... it could be that - they may not have tightened up!!

John

Back