Re-map

Now thats cheap from them as well, everybody in the Manchester area thats been thinking about getting this done should jump at theis offer if they can afford it

Phil

That's for a basic remap, they said it'll take mine from 75 bhp to around 100 bhp which is a big 33% increase for a little car....can't wait.

That's for a basic remap, they said it'll take mine from 75 bhp to around 100 bhp which is a big 33% increase for a little car....can't wait.

When you say a basic remap does that include the rolling road or just a plug and play re-map, as the figures are about right for a re-map. Your BHP will depend on the year of your car as early cars got bigger BHP but low torque where as later engines you got the opposite lower hp higher torque

Phil

can it knack the engine

Depends on what you have done and who does it. I've had mine done since 2008 and had no issuse with the engine or turbo(touch wood) what happens is Audi put a basic map in the car for all the cars and what you are getting done is a map for your engine and any good tunner push the map to its limt then back it off

Mine was done as Stealth and i think mine went up to 110 BHP but it was smoking a bit so they backed it off and at the time it was running at around 106BHP, some have got more than that but it will depend on your engine as some engines may be a little slacker or tighter than others. i even got better MPG as well, well i stopped booting it that is lol. It also settles the TDi down and smooths it out a bit ie the power is more even across the revs thus making it smother

Phil

can it knack the engine

I'd have thought that the biggest risk is if you remap a 90 - the resulting power is a bit too much for the dual-mass-flywheel clutch, and hence you may need to replace it earlier than otherwise. The 75 has a simpler & less problematic clutch.

I'd have thought that the biggest risk is if you remap a 90 - the resulting power is a bit too much for the dual-mass-flywheel clutch, and hence you may need to replace it earlier than otherwise. The 75 has a simpler & less problematic clutch.

The clutch on a 75 is still a weaker link. I need a new one now after my previous remap was overboosting at 2k and gave fantastic torque, but smoked the clutch.

:(
J

Posted from my iPlop...

I had my remap done by Vince at Stealth, but I did talk to Al at Awesome about their options. The basic map, which I assume is what's on offer here, doesn't include the DynoPlots from the rolling road; you're just getting the plug-and-play remap, to quote Phil.

Tom

For most people a precooked remap is totally fine. Yes of course a custom job on a rolling road will be potentially superior, certainly so if you have any unusual hardware, but I would say given how much experience they have with mapping A2s now they will have a pretty solid "standard" map, and for that price its a total bargain.

Absolutely no problems with Stealth ..... you get the whole package .... rolling road .... fine tweeking .... totally professional service ... Mine was already 80+ BHP and it went up to 108 BHP! I think that they charge about £220 .... you would have to check that?

My AmD/Revo remap is a standard plug and play map and it's been in the car for 3.5 years. I can tell you I paid a lot more than £150 for it back then! To be honest, my view would be that the difference you'd get in terms of optimisation between a plug-and play map and a custom map on what is otherwise a totally standard car would be pretty minimal - a few extra BHP and a few extra Lb/Ft torque at best I would guess.
For me the most important factors to consider in any map is that it maintains all of the OEM safety protocols and failsafes, and that doesn't push so far in the quest for the final few extra BHP that it smokes excessively and kills MPG.

Back