Rear Bench Seat

Colin 540

A2OC Donor
England
Hi All,

I have just purchased my second A2 TDi Sport, it as a rear bench seat please can you tell me how this folds down.
My first A2 TDi will be up for sale soon.

Cheers
Colin

Hi Colin,

It's like a big version of the single seats you're familiar with. First fold the back down, lifting the latches at either side simultaneously, and then pulling on the grip handle at the base upwards/outwards, thus unlocking the bench from the floor. You may find it necessary to put your weight onto the back of the folded seat when pulling the handle.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes that makes sense treat it the same as my single seats, they where my thoughts but best to ask before I start pulling and heaving in case I broke something.
Thanks for that Info Tom.
Thanks
Colin

Hi Tom,

Yes that makes sense treat it the same as my single seats, they where my thoughts but best to ask before I start pulling and heaving in case I broke something.
Thanks for that Info Tom.
Thanks
Colin

The only thing you might break will be your back when you try to manoeuvre the seat out of the car.

One tip that I find useful is to not try and pop the seat back catches from inside the car. Open the tailgate and lift both catches at the same time, to me that is the easiest way.

The other tip is to use the "hidden" seat belt slots in the window surround to hold the seat belts out of the way, especially when putting the seat backs up again!!

Steve B

Hi, Steve,

Yes found out about those slots some time ago on here, useful slots, and yes I bet you could do some damage lifting this bench seat out.
Cheers
Colin

Back