Rear Bike Carrier

Gregd

Hi
I am a newbie on this forum, but have just returned to the A2 fold having purchased an 04 TDi Colour.storm this week. i previously had a 1.4 petrol model in base trim way back in 2001! I had forgotten what a great car the A2 is.

Does anybody know whether or not Audi ever produced the rear bike carrier pictured in the accessories gallery ?

Many thanks

Dear Gregd,

Sorry to break the bad news to you but they do not make one because of the glass rear window.

However having been in the same position as you. I had to have a tow bar fitted so the bike carrier could be fitted to that.

Hope that helps?

Regards,

Heidi987321

HI

I have recently bought a (December 2002) 1.4SE petrol, and would like to get a rear rack for bicycles fitted. I have read all I can find on the forum (including archive) and am still not sure what the definitive answer is.

Someone mentioned that the situation is that the only way to get a “Pendle strap-on rear carrier PNSO for maximum 3 bikes”. When I went to the Pendle website and they state that “the large plastic spoiler in the middle of the back window prevents the strap on rack from fitting.” If anyone has since discovered another solution - could they please let us know? ( I’d prefer not to take the roof mounted or the tow bar option if I can help it!)
Many thanks in advance for advice on this.
RJC

Back