REAR brake lights

Kirrran

Hi, my rear brake lights (both on the main rear cluster and high level) are working intermittently. I've tried changing the brake light bulbs but still have the same issue. If i pump the brake they seem to spring into action but otherwise when i'm driving around as normal i'm not sure they're always activating. Anyone suffer from a similar problem?

Sounds like you have a dodgy brake light switch.

It's actually possible to clean it and re-use it, but probably best if you buy a new one (around a tenner) and install this, then try to clean the old one after.

Fitting can be done by the owner - no need to pay a dealer. It's been covered in detail quite a few times - perhaps a search will throw some light on the matter.

Cheers,

Mike

I'll not go into the panel dis-assembly, but when you get to the switch (it's got a 4-wire connector going to it), unplug the connector, turn 90 degrees anti-clock and pull back to remove it.

Replacement is the reverse of the above!

Cheers,

Mike

Problem?

Ok i managed to get the trim off and change the brake light switch but now the brake lights stay on permanently, even with the keys out? Any ideas what i've done wrong, help please?:eek:

happy

ignore last comment, worked out the pin from the brake switch wasn't pulled out enough.
Thanks for all your help, another successfull job done
:D

Back