Information Rear Caliper rewind tool

Mark2

I need to replace my rear pads and discs. Does anyone know which tool I need, at lowest posible cost, to wind the pistons back in. I have bought a Draper CWT1 cube. Will this work? Which way do they wind? I have not done rear discs before; any pointers?

I used the laser one it was about £29.00 from Hellfords I think you can get it cheaper on Fleebay.

My tip would be use the above tool makes the job easy!

From memory clockwise to wind back in but can't be 100%

Darren

I got a draper one fom ebay cant remember how much but not much
They wind in clockwise
Make sure you put the anti squeal stuff on the back as my new ones squeak a little after using thecstuff supplued with the eicger discs and pads from ecp leeds £97 all in
There were cheaper items on ebay but i decided against these in the end
Take te opportunity to replace the fluid and paint your calipers if you have the time
Paul

Thanks Paul & Darren

The Draper CWT1 Cube £6.99 from Wilco works fine. It just turned at first, 20 turns clockwise, no movement; so I tried 1 turn anti-clockwise and it moved out. I pushed harder with my next clockwise attempt and in it went.

2 Brembo Discs £25.50 + VAT and 4 Brembo Pads £19.35 + VAT from GSF Car Parts.

Regards. Mark.

I usually undo the reservoir cap and put a cloth around it to hold the excess in case it comes out as well.

This makes life so much easier otherwise you are pressuring the reservoir which makes pushing the pistons back almost impossible

especially funny if you then decide to open the lids after struggling to then be sprayed with brake fluid :)

G Clamp and water pump pliers :eek:)

or a wind back tool - remember to apply pressure whilst turning!

Kaz

Back