Rear central locking.

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Anyone offer any help?
2001 1.4 Petrol.SE
Symptoms.

No rear door open on DIS when open.
Central locking on rear doors cycles on Open selection on fob. Both rear doors lock and unlock normally (other then the cycling on unlock)
scan shows: 01561 rear left door 59-00 cant unlock
rear left door 61-00 wont desafe
01562 rear right door 59-00 cant unlock
rear right door 61-00 wont desafe
01560 Passenger door 61-00 wont desafe.
I have a spare rear (used) lock which when fitted makes no difference. The original door lock was cleaned, (especially the micro switch) and refitted.
No change although I didn't do a rescan.
So questions:- is it likely that both rear door lock fail at the same time, or is it likely to be the CCU.
Does anyone have a known functioning rear door lock I can try in my car to confirm diagnosis of failed lock?
Thanks in anticipation.
Simon

i have a similar situation with drivers and drivers rear side door. however the rear door can be temperamental. im going to get my door microswitches replaced by timmus :) so im hoping that this will cure my problem.

what i did notice recently when i had a problem with my alarm going off at sporadic times was disconnecting the on board diagnose fuse along with the central locking, left and right door fuses. this cured my alarm issue (short term) but when i reconnected the fuses, my doors would all be working again! maybe just coincidence but after a short while or some open/close doors it would not show on my dis much like yours.

sorry cant be more of help but just thought i would share my experience's lately :D

cammy

Back