Rear electric window not working on the rear switch??

datsundrew

A2OC Donor
Today I have been swapping my door cards on Chad, my tdi. The rear offside electric window works fine with the drivers door switch, but nothing with the switch in the rear door, I assumed that it was the switch but after swapping the cars and switch it’s still the same?
what should I be looking at next? I have also sapped the wiring loom from the switch to the motor . could it be the motor control unit?

Is the isolator part of the switch working as it should. It’s the bar type switch at the very back. It must be down to enable the rear switches to operate the windows
They are very fragile and a lot of them will not remain down which reminders the rear switches inoperative

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the isolator part of the switch working as it should. It’s the bar type switch at the very back. It must be down to enable the rear switches to operate the windows
They are very fragile and a lot of them will not remain down which reminders the rear switches inoperative

Paul

Thank you!! Just been out now and you are spot on!! I f I hold the bar down, they both work.
I didn’t realise both didn’t work, but remember the mother in law not able to open the OS rear window ( she also couldn’t get out as the child lock was on 😂😂 Thanks!!

Thank you!! Just been out now and you are spot on!! I f I hold the bar down, they both work.
I didn’t realise both didn’t work, but remember the mother in law not able to open the OS rear window ( she also couldn’t get out as the child lock was on Thanks!!

That’s ideal for the mother law
Only yoking

Back