Rear hatch micro switch

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Where di I find the micro switch for the rear hatch?
No lights at all when open, BUT the DIS shows boot open when it is open?
Thanks

Built into latch as far as I know, mine has become a touch lazy taking a few moments for boot light to come on

You have checked the bulbs in the boot are functional and there is power to the lamp(s) when the hatch is open? CCCU controls the boot light and shuts it off if the boot has been open for about 5 minutes.

Yes the bulb is fine. Will wait until I can get it in the garage for a bit more trouble shooting.

OK bit more trouble shooting done.
Both front and rear interior lights work fine when any door opened.
Noting from the boot light.
I assume the boot light does NOT come on with the front and rear door opening?

That is correct only opening the hatch turns on the boot light. If the CCCU thinks the hatch is open it will turn the lamp off after about 5 minutes. What happens if you have the hatch open, disconnect the battery and leave disconnected for 10 minutes then reconnect it? Remember if the car has a Gen ! radio you will need the code for it. Also the one touch windows, clock, date and very probably keys resync will also be needed.

My guess is the rear lock has an issue and needs replacing.

Ok will try it. Is is strange that the DIS does show the boot open when appropriate, with a dodgy reat lock?

OK so either a sticky connection or the act of checking everything has corrected the fault.

Bit of routine maintenance especially with the cold weather will not go amiss. Some WD40 in the locks and hinges to displace water and a small amount of grease or lubrication.

As a follow up, the boot light has stopped working again. Will try the same process thencheck out which CCCU I have.

Back