Rear Numberplate Light

imranshariff

A2OC Donor
help required

just found out that my rear numper plate light isnt working and the internals appear corroded. Have managed to unscrew the lens cover, actaully had to drill it all off and removed the lens cover and black plastic housing with great difficulty i have to add.

unfortuantley had to take the black housing off as the screws had completely corroded. Just bought the replacement part from audi -8Z0943013 complete with bulb.

problem is that the new housing is a bit of a struggle to get back in due to the black plastic lugs on either side. does it require brute force or am I doing something wrong.

i didnt see any entry points from the rear tailgate, and therefore trying to replace this from the outside

any help appreciated.
:confused:

Thanks Darren

this is very helpful, probbaly going to get another taligate light and fit two new units along with led bulbs and stainless screws, do not want to be doing this job again!! thought it would take two minutes

You're welcome.

Most of my "two minute" jobs tend to take the weekend anyway...:eek:...but this one certainly requires patience and faith as you remove the rear trim.

Wise to change all screws in one hit, as you say.

Good luck.

Darren

Back