Rear Seat Belt - Problem ?

Hi All,
Noticed that the rear seat belts on our low mileage A2 may have an issue, the plastic fitting that holds the end of the seat belt and connects to the body work has some play in it. It appears to be held in place by a large brass/copper coloured fastening (it can be seen on this poor quality photo).

I was curious whether this has been seen before ? is it an issue ? is it easy to fix ? is it likely to cause our car to fail its MOT ?

Thanks for any help

Tony & Tracy

Last edited:
Without seeing this ill fated photo, I think the nearside belt on Ada is the same as you describe. Assuming its the same copper coloured fixing you are referring to, this isnt a structural problem with the belt nor does it affect safety, I think it just clips part of the fixed end of the belt onto the side trim. On our car it looks like wee hands have pulled it off or it may have come away during seat folding /removal. Ive always meant to try and clip this back in properly then promptly forgetten about it. We'll get a better idea if you can upoad the piccy. :D

Yep - exactly the same as ours although theres a washer missing by the look of things. Nothing to worry about in my book, there'll just be a bit more play in the belt than before. Im sure its an easy enough fix if you want to sort it.

For Mot all they do is look at the belt itself to make sure that is ok, then click it in to its holder and pull to make sure it locks, they probably wouldn't even see that

Phil

Back