Rear seat stuck

wornout

Hello, I hope someone out there can help solve this.

My A2 has a bench seat in the rear and my daughter, to whom I gave the car two weeks ago, folded the back of the seat forward and then lifted the base forward. She needed lots of room in the car to transport some stuff.

We cannot get the seat back. The bottom goes into place but the back will not lift up. It seems well and truly stuck.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you.

If it's anything like the split seats, you need to push the bottom section back into place (as you already have done), then you need to press DOWN on the backrest and it should release the catch and you should then be able to lift the back section up.

I don't have bench but split, so ignore me if I am talking rubbish. This is how it works with the split seats anyway.

Cheers,

If it's anything like the split seats, you need to push the bottom section back into place (as you already have done), then you need to press DOWN on the backrest and it should release the catch and you should then be able to lift the back section up.

I don't have bench but split, so ignore me if I am talking rubbish. This is how it works with the split seats anyway.

Cheers,

What he said.

Push the base down until it clicks then the back will fold back up.

Thank you for your replies. The base is down but when I get home tonight I will have another go. Will let you know.

Thanks.

I forgot to come back and let you know the outcome.

The seat seemed to be clicked into place but sitting on it, pushing it, practically jumping on it made no difference, so I held the base up and actually threw it down into place and the back moved up !!!! Thank goodness.

Daughter now has strict instructions never to move the the base of the seat up again.

Thanks again for all your help.

Back