Rear seats stuck or broken

Dalibu

A2OC Donor
Has anyone experienced not being able to release the rear seats? I have one out but the other will not budge. :mad: I pull the handle and all that happens is a little plastic shroud releases, but there's still a metal bar going through the catch. All attempts to squirt the mechanism with WD-40 and to coax the bar up with a screwdriver have failed. Is there anyway to access the mechanism while the seat is in place?

Hi Murdo, thanks for the quick reply and links. I should have mentioned my seat is stuck in the upright position so the solutions for unfolding the seat don't apply. Any ideas?

Can you get the tips of your fingers between the seats and the floor? If so, the seat is inserted incorrectly and this is the problem.

You'll have to manually work the catch up that holds the seat back to the latch.

Cheers,

Mike

I had the same problem, one seat would release but not the other. I found that once the back part of the seat was down and you then wanted to pull the handle underneath to release he seat from the floor it was best to push down on the seat whilst pulling the handle. This then released the seat from the retaining clips. Works every time for me by using this method!

Fixed! There were no gaps below the seat, so it was inserted correctly. The way I solved the problem was to apply a little pressure to the seat back whilst lifting the handle. I'll attach a photo. Thanks all!

Back