Recent Purchase (warranty)

Tony S

Hello,
I became the proud owner of a 1.4 TDi Sport (03) this week, looks in very good condition and drives well from what I can tell. (weather stopping me at the moment so only been out twice)

I am wondering if I should buy an additional warranty or just get a major service done, the car has 80,000 miles and one service recorded at 60,000 miles.
From what I have read there seem to be few reliability issues and some of the wear and tear fixes can be done at a reasonable cost. As a warranty won’t cover these anyway there seems little point.

Does anybody know a good garage around Ipswich that can perform a full service but not charge the Audi prices?

Thanks in advance
Tony (newbe)

Welcome to the forum.

Without a FSH I think it will be difficult to buy an aftermarket warranty.

If there is no record of the cambelt being changed then I would get this done at the same time as the service. The two together will be ~£500.

Hi Tony,

Thorpes Garage in Deben Road (off Norwich Rd., nr. Wilcos) were once recommended to me.
Although I've no personal experience of them as - so far (touch wood) - I've had no need of their services.

Mike

Thanks everybody.

The cambelt was changed at 60,000 along with brake discs, I think I will invest in a full Audi service instead of the warranty.

Thanks again

Back