Recommended A2 servicing Croydon /Bromley area

S

Sugden1916

HI I have an A2 1.4tdi 2003 which I have for 6 months and it now and require a service, cam belt replacement etc and was wondering whether anyone out there has a garage they could recommend. The local VAG garage has a very poor reputation, for both cost and relaibility although it is in a very convenient location. I want someone trustworthy in the Croydon or Bromley areas where I can leave the car and get back by public transport to my work in central Bromley.

thanks

Welcome to another Croydoner! I grew up in Shirley and now live in Purley. When I get my car serviced (and especially for a major service like yours including the cam belt), I take the day off work and go to Stealth Racing (about two hours away from us). The mechanics there own at least two A2's between them and are the nearest thing to A2 experts, bar our own Mike / Skipton01. If you are feeling really flush, you could get a rolling road re-map done at the same time...

I will be up there on the 22nd having a service and getting FSDs and Weitec springs fitted. HTH

Last edited:
HI I have an A2 1.4tdi 2003 which I have for 6 months and it now and require a service, cam belt replacement etc and was wondering whether anyone out there has a garage they could recommend. The local VAG garage has a very poor reputation, for both cost and relaibility although it is in a very convenient location. I want someone trustworthy in the Croydon or Bromley areas where I can leave the car and get back by public transport to my work in central Bromley.

thanks

Welcome to the forum. If you don't get a suitable reply here it may be worth asking on a wider VAG forum too.

For cost comparison I recently had a cambelt & water pump changed for ~£290 (inc VAT). I wasn't happy with the garage on other issues, but the price was at least competetive.

Good luck.

Hi, although not just round the corner from you (though they will supply you with a basic courtesy car if you ask) I have had very good servicing and a cam belt change at the garage below, its about 25 miles from you in Kent but actually mostly motorway miles. If it isnt convenient for you I would firmly recommend them to A2 owners in Kent looking for a good independent garage.
John

YOUNGS GARAGE (VOLKSWAGEN)
UNIT 1, GASOLINE ALLEY, LONDON ROAD, WROTHAM
TN15 7RR SEVENOAKS, KENT

Phone: +44 (0) 1732 887000
GEO: 51.269958, 0.193080

Sugden,

How did your service work out?

Did you try any of the suggested agents posted above?

It would be useful to follow up for those of us in the same area also due a service soon.

Cheers.

Back