Red A2 On M74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal2002

Was anyone driving a red, 02 plate on the M74 northbound this afternoon?, the reason I ask is that while in the works van being driven by my colleague of mine an A2 passed us. Our van was doing 100mph and the A2 overtook at an even faster speed. What is the highest speed anyone has done in their A2?

I dont condone speeding, but it would be interesting to see peoples mph figures

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

186 km/h

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

I've seen an indicated 120 whilst passing a TDI A4.
Probably a true 111 - 115. Ties in with the torque and power curves and gearing.
Sounded nice too!

icon_smile_cool.gif

I've seen an indicated 120 whilst passing a TDI A4.
Probably a true 111 - 115. Ties in with the torque and power curves and gearing.
Sounded nice too!
Continental motorway.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Hope my wife does not read this but while following my stepson in his BMW I did in a tunnel *(no wind for 4 km s) over 190 in her A2 on the clock.
BTW The BMW was faster I could not keep up and I try to be a grown up because I am 45 :)
Speeding tickets are really expensive here in the Netherlands

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

Funnily enough the highest I have ever been in my A2 was on the way back from the social the other day. I found that the M20 is an incredibly fast motorway and so wasn't really trying to hard to keep my speed at a steady 80mph but looked down at one point and saw I was doing around 105mph. Whilst I was doing that, someone else overtook me!!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Rumour has it, allegedly, that my 1.6 FSI has been seen doing an indicated 120 with more in hand.

Me thinks someone/somewhere/sometime told me this! but I can't confirm.

It certainly feels very relaxed at an indicated 70!

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

My 1.4 Tdi won't go faster then 175. But that's 175 real km's measured by my satnav system.
The speedometer has a 10% error at that speed. Below 100 km/h is't very accurate.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back