Red Brake Warning light plus others

parky1979

Hi All,

Along with my flashing engine management light, see below thread I'm now getting another issue which in some respects is a little more worrying

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?19082-Flashing-engine-management-light-intermitent

Every now and then and I think its becoming a bit more common I get the pleasure of hearing the warning beep followed by the red brake warning light in the main display and the smaller yellow ABS and the ESP light. It doesnt happen under braking and following the warning symbols coming on I've checked the brakes and there doesnt appear to be any lack in performance. Having gone through quite a few posts I thought it might be something to do with the brake light sensor switch but I can confirm this isnt the case as I've backed up to a wall and all the brake bulbs are working fine. It appears to happen when I'm accelerating from low rev's for example in 4th gear and pulling from 20mph ish or I'll be quite happily going along and then it'll lose power for an instant and then the lights come on. Once the lights have come on it'll drive normal again. As soon as I cycle the ignition the fault is cleared and it might come on again the next day or it could be a week.

I've attached a pic of the dash lit up like a christmas tree but would appreciate any help on this

Cheers photo.JPG[ATTACH

Hi mate

You need to get the car scanned to see what fault code it is throwing. Could be a wheel speed sensor. Mine did this until I changed the sensor on the front right as it was giving out implausible signal faults, and basically the ABS unit likes to know how fast each wheel is turning. When it doesnt it throws a sporadic hissy fit, and hence your warning lights.

If the brake light switch fails, you will get a flashing coil light on the dash

John

Back