Red leather 2x2 sports seats

freakyeke

A2OC Donor
I'm not a fan of leather in a car. I have a red leather sport interior in my A2 and wondered what the seats might be worth? They're in good condition, not mint, but still useable and the bolsters are good. There are no rips or bad marks.

I would like some black or dark grey fabric sports seats, preferably from a 2004 onwards A2. So, we could maybe do some sort of deal?

If you remember I had something similar on my special edition Tom. They were sports seats which had been recovered. They look to have made a better job of these though because the airbags havn,t been covered over !. :)

I am no expert but I would say this is factory leather with no re-trim. The cut and stitching is perfect. Is there a possibility that the plastic and nets have been replaced with common black?

I am no expert but I would say this is factory leather with no re-trim. The cut and stitching is perfect. Is there a possibility that the plastic and nets have been replaced with common black?

I'm inclined to agree. What colour is the carpet on the back of the rear seats? That'll give a further clue. :)

Tom

Very strange. I think this is factory leather but all the black plastic trim isn't how they were finished. Did your car have leather from new ?

Id guess sports leather in 4 seater variety probably around the 550 pound mark or 250 plus later style sport cloth in similar condition as a trade in.

Not everyone will like the contrasting plastics but it's certainly unusual and as Tom says there's maybe a story to this.

I'm inclined to agree. What colour is the carpet on the back of the rear seats? That'll give a further clue. :)

Tom

The carpet at the back of the rear seats is dark grey, which matches the boot carpet and trim. All the plastic parts fitted to the seats are black.

Strange. Could this have been specified from new?

The carpet at the back of the rear seats is dark grey, which matches the boot carpet and trim. All the plastic parts fitted to the seats are black.

Strange. Could this have been specified from new?
No, these have been recovered by the sound of it. Not that this is a big problem. They still look good and the price mentioned earlier is fair, in my view.

Steve B

Last edited:
I would definitely prefer black matrix sports seats in similar condition plus £300.

Or outright sale of £500 ono.

Can't believe they are still available!? And I can't have them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back