Red Leather

Oh my God, how lush is the red leather. :cool:

Would look lovely in my red A2. :D I've got beige cloth. Anyone out there with faux leather seat covers that fit the A2 seats nicely?

Y Ddraig Goch said:
Oh my God, how lush is the red leather. :cool:

Would look lovely in my red A2. :D I've got beige cloth. Anyone out there with faux leather seat covers that fit the A2 seats nicely?
You wouldn't believe how strongly the salesman tried talking me out of speccing red leather in Tank - kept on telling me how it'd lower resale values etc.

I'm so glad I stuck to my guns, as nearly 3 years on, I still love it! It always surprises people who don't know the car too, when I open the door and they expect the usual black leather - Madame Whiplash Red for me!

Cheers,

Mike

Y Ddraig Goch said:
I would definately buy a set of red leather if it ever came up on eBay or something :)
You missed out on one last year - about £350 it went for from memory!

Cheers,

Mike

A friend of mine specced an A3 with red leather, when they came to sell the salesman wasn't keen on it as a part ex saying just the same that it really damaged the secondhand value as most people shy away from it, personally I think red is much nicer than the blue I've got!! I wouldn't be surprised to find out red is the 3rd most popular colour for leather after black and cream.

I've got red leather too - I think it's a brilliant colour esp against the black paintwork - get loads of compliments!

Skipton01 said:
You missed out on one last year - about £350 it went for from memory!

Cheers,

Mike

:( I hate missing the boat LOL

Think I might get leather look seat covers for a bit less than £350 (that's more than black leather costs for a Ford Probe!) :D

So did anyone get the leather from mine? Full black sports heated interior from a silver 51 plate A2 1.4 in Aberdeen.

One of our former members used to have one just like that - I think it was Thomas and he was always going between Ireland and Germany in it.

I only saw it once at a mini social but it did look quite impressive - definitely got quite a few looks.

I definately wouldn't say no to red leather, but I have just bought two cream leather hides off eBay - I'm hoping to make close-fitting seat covers. Am I correct in thinking the front seats have side airbags? If so, I really ought to manufacture my seat covers so that they do not interfere with the airbag operation. Has anyone done this?

Oooooh :cool: They are very cool! Thanks for that, I'll have a good look at their work. They're probably slightly on the expensive side :D

Think I'm going to have a crack at my own covers, going to have 2 big cream hides soon, already got a black hide. :) Will have to do my research on the airbags.

Back