registration plates

dicko

Had the covers for a while now and finally fitted today. Like them.
car reg_LI.jpg

Yes, I'ts said never to show your actual registration number on the internet, because it could be "cloned" on a similar A2?. However, I.M.H.O., and it IS only my opininion, the less characters a registration has, the better it looks! I aim for five, or six at the most! BUT, with the reduction of each character, UP goes the price! (And WAY UP for four!)

David

I agree, and I was quite surprised to find that you can buy an 'A2' registration followed by 3 letters for just £250 from DVLA personalised registrations. There's quite a few for sale on their website, but with pretty obscure sets of 3 letters - don't expect to find your initials (unless your first name is Xavier!). I have just bought one - I just chose 3 letters that I can remember easily. Now waiting for the certificate of entitlement to arrive before I fit my A2OC number plate holders with A2 registration.

I bought my wife her name in Cyrillic equivalent. Looks lovely. It’s her exact name and she is delighted with it. Worth a look in other scripts.

I would say my experience is that it’s best to buy directly from DVLA unless the Reg is already owned by another. I had a bad experience with a third party company who claimed to be a bit cheaper. Basically my lady made a tiny technical error on the form to have the plate applied to her car and it turns out the company retain all rights of ownership in that case and you have no option but to go back to them. They ransomed the plate for a £150 admin fee before they’d fill in the electronic one page form to apply the plate and were really obnoxious and unhelpful about it. You can’t even go direct to DVLA as you are not the purchaser. Lesson learned here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this reg free with a work run-around Nissan micra about 20 years ago and transferred it to the audi when I bought it in 2002. Must have been through three sets of plates during this time.

Back