rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave

picked up my 1.6 fsi on 16th of jan 03 three days later engine management light comes on and battery warning light takes time to go out,returned car to garage to be told alternator is faulty and it needs another throttle potentiometer.This is rectified after three days.
Three days later battery warning light takes an age to go out on start up so i return to garage to be told they need to inspect it.
I was then told that they could not even look at car until Feb 11th, on explaining to the service manager that i need my car for work and travel to poole Dorset twice a week a trip of 250 miles i get told oh well you,ve got roadside assist -customer service eh? On speaking to the showroom manager a car has been made available.
Nobody from the garage has bothered to phone me this week even after my vain attempts to phone the service dept [more chance of 6 numbers on the lottery than getting through to them ]
I then get a call today from the manager to ask if i would mind bringing the car that i have been loaned back tomorrow so they may demo it,oh and by the way we think we have found the problem ,it is the main buss wiring to the vehicle and will take a week to fix .
If my knowledge of cars is correct this could mean replacing the loom .
Does any body know if i can reject this vehicle as it is only two weeks old and this work is pretty major.

As far as im aware you can, because your brand NEW car has developed some major problems which have failed to be rectified you have the right to reject it on these grounds, im pretty sure you have about 3 months to reject a new car.

As for the aftersales servive, you can expect poor treatment from now on.:(

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Go for it!

Some years back we returned my wifes brand new Alfa on the grounds of faulty paintwork - it had been resprayed. I made a big noise in the showroom refused to be ushered off into a side room and mentioned solicitors. Within a week we had the managers car and 2 weeks later I had to go and inspect the replacement as it arrived off the transporter.

Send a good letter to the MD of Audi giving them chapter and verse about the problem and dealers response, copy the MD of the dealer so they get the message!

Don't accept the standard dealer line "we don't replace cars" they do you just have to push very hard, but if you are committed and you have just cause for a replacement, and it sounds to me that you do, give them hell.

All the best

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

And don't forget some compensation for the inconvenience caused

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Reject the thing now. Quicker the better.

I was told Audi UK do not offer replacement vehicles....wonder if my local trading standards would like to hear that story.

Oh and don't hold your breath for any compensation-both my local dealer and Audi UK have told me to go whistle.... lovely people....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Is your dealer an independant, or part of a larger chain such as Lookers etc? If it is, then you have the option to bring the matter to the attention of the management team of the holding company, and if that fails, their shareholders. I got over £1K compensation for some problems on a second hand A2 I purchased when following a similar line.

Progress report
went to garage Saturday and was told that they have got to get another A2 in that they know is working properley so they may be able to have them both on the meters at the same .The Manager had a glazed look on his face when i explained that i wanted to reject the vehicle if major works were required.To be fair he did say that i should not have to put up with this from a new vehicle and i was within my rights . We shall see !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back