Remote Locking/Unlocking Issue

RAV

Guys and Gals,

Got a strange issue with the Wife's A2 - initially, the key fobs would fail to unlock the car remotely, so changed the batteries to no effect. In order to get into the car, you would have to unlock the Driver's door manually, then turn the ignition on in order which would unlock the rest - then to lock the car I'd have to use the door lock as well. Its now doing it all the time - any ideas?

Sounds like you need to re-synch the keys to the car...

Must admit, I tried that and just got a random beeping noise from the car - bit like the alarm going off, but half heartedly, like it couldn't really be bothered!

If re-pairing doesn't work, then it's likely to be the old troublesome Comfort unit, I've seen six of these that seem develop a fault that it doesn't see or register the signal from the remote fob, yet rest of functons work fine.

I'd try to program remotes using Vag Com and check if 'see's' the signal, if so them all good as you will save to memory, if it doesn't then I'd bet it's a faulty Comfort Unit. (located under passenger footwell)

Cheers
Sarge

If re-pairing doesn't work, then it's likely to be the old troublesome Comfort unit, I've seen six of these that seem develop a fault that it doesn't see or register the signal from the remote fob, yet rest of functons work fine.

I'd try to program remotes using Vag Com and check if 'see's' the signal, if so them all good as you will save to memory, if it doesn't then I'd bet it's a faulty Comfort Unit. (located under passenger footwell)

Cheers
Sarge

I take it programming the remotes can't be done with the free version of VAGCOM and a cheapy cable? If not, any idea of anyone (Audi dealership excluded) that could take a look in the Kent area?

Don't know anyone in Kent with Vag Com... anyone?. If you want to run over to me next week I will have a look at it for you Pal. :)

Cheers
Sarge

Don't know anyone in Kent with Vag Com... anyone?. If you want to run over to me next week I will have a look at it for you Pal. :)

Cheers
Sarge

Very kind of you - going on holiday in a couple of days but will take you up on that kind offer when I get back if thats ok?

Back