remote locking

dubburke

Had a good search about remote locking not working, just wondered if i have missed something:mad:
First fault on the A2, left overnight -10, and in the morning the remote locking would not work, i had no previous signs of trouble.
I changed the remote battery and have tried to re sync the key, checked fuses etc.
Still no remote locking, it will lock all doors with the key, but later on unlocking the drivers door, the key will only open the said door, until the key is put into the ignition:mad:
I take it the convenience/comfort unit is away?:rolleyes:

Had a good search about remote locking not working, just wondered if i have missed something:mad:
First fault on the A2, left overnight -10, and in the morning the remote locking would not work, i had no previous signs of trouble.
I changed the remote battery and have tried to re sync the key, checked fuses etc.

Still no remote locking,...... it will lock all doors with the key, but later on unlocking the drivers door, the key will only open the said door, until the key is put into the ignition:mad:

** That's normal when you use the key to unlock the drivers door**

I take it the convenience/comfort unit is away?:rolleyes:

**It could also be a faulty microswitch in the drivers doorlock. Before replacing parts its worth having a diagnostic scan which should pinpoint the problem**

I've added a couple of **comments** which may help

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Thanks again Spike, can't believe it was the battery, the battery i had bought was duff, it goes to show, that all you buy new is not always 100%:D

Back