remote window close on keyfob

cjscos

hi
my windows wont open or close with the keyfob like they use to on my old a2.
can i programme it to do this myself?
also how do i get the doors to lock when you drive off?
the micro switch on the drivers side door does not work and i need to replace it as the fuel flap is not working, could it be this which is stoping it working?

hi
my windows wont open or close with the keyfob like they use to on my old a2.
can i programme it to do this myself?
also how do i get the doors to lock when you drive off?
the micro switch on the drivers side door does not work and i need to replace it as the fuel flap is not working, could it be this which is stoping it working?

Hi,

I don't believe the micro switch would stop the remote windows working but some one else may come and correct me :) The anti hijack locking is programmable through the Convenience module on VAG Com under the 'coding' function. Can't remember the codes off the top of my head but I think they either 'pop up' in a window when you enter the coding function or they are available on Ross Techs site/Wiki. I'm pretty sure the remote windows is also coded in through the same portal on Vag Com. Seems odd that it would be disabled though.

Cheers Rob.

Here are the codes that are entered on controller 46 (Comfort System), taken from http://www.vagcomwiki.de/w/Audi_A2_(8Z)_Komfortsystem#Codierung

+00001 - PSA cut-off via FFB possible
+00002 - DWA acknowledge sharpen (indicators)
+00004 - Safety central locking (SZV)
+00008 - Anti-theft alarm system (DWA) is installed
+00016 - Tailgate from 5 km / h lock
+00032 - Automatic locking from about 15 km / h

+00064 - Comfort closing / opening via remote control
+00128 - Right Hand Drive
+00512 - Via FFB locking reset (turn signal)
+01024 - DWA sharpen acknowledge (horn)
+02048 - USA logic windows
+04096 - Unlocking via FFB reset (turn signal)
+16384 - SZV only on cylinder

Make sure you note down what your original code is before you experiment :)

Cheers Rob.

The rear windows do they go down/up on one press/pull of the switch. As sometime the battery may have been off and you have to reprograme the windows, simple to do close the window then when it get to the closed possition pull the switch again and hold it you should hear the window and i think you should hear a click, this should then allow the comfort open and close, and the anti-car jacking is as posted above vag com needed.

Phil

the rear windows are manual but it does look like at some point the battery has been replaced so will try that. the one touch control funtion does not work on the drivers side but it works on the passenger side.

the rear windows are manual but it does look like at some point the battery has been replaced so will try that. the one touch control funtion does not work on the drivers side but it works on the passenger side.

Put the key in the ignition and turn it such that you can use the electric windows. Put the driver's windows down a bit (a few inches will do) and then close it by holding the switch upwards. Once the window closes fully, do not let go of the switch!! Keep holding it up for 7 or 8 seconds. This will teach the door control module (a piece of trickery inside the door) where the top of the window frame is. After that, all should work perfectly.

Cheers,

Tom

Back