Removal of rear car door interior panel

SirTrevor

After returning from holiday, no.1 son suddenly felt ill and was violently sick all over the rear door!
Where does it all come from?
After not being the most kindly of fathers, I cleared up the mess, Mrs ST won't go near the stuff, BUT the door still smells.
How do I get the door card off to clean it properly? Any guidance would be helpful.
ST

Two Torx screws under the armrest. Look from the under side. One Torx (also Torx 25 I think) behind the tweeter grille (remove the grill with a knife).
Then: Start pulling it off , beginn from the verry bottom. There is fingerhole where you can start. Then move it up one- two inches. Release the bowden cable (for door opening). And maybe the connector/whire for electrical window.

Many thanks for the info on the screws. I had spotted the two but will look for the other behind the grill and the finger hole too.
ST

General A2 Servicing Information

How to remove the drivers (or any other door) door trim.

Remove 2 screws under door handle
Remove 1 screw under tweeter speaker grill
Slide finger along underside of door trim and feel a gap from where you can prise trim away from door.

Pictures attached from Shoby car ;)

Cheers
SARGE

Attachments

• CIMG6771.JPG
    CIMG6771.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 2,736
  • CIMG6772.JPG
    CIMG6772.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 2,940
  • CIMG6774.JPG
    CIMG6774.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 2,743
  • CIMG6776.JPG
    CIMG6776.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,890
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have one problem.

My passanger side door card comes off at the bottom when closing the door with some force. It has the three bolts as described above tightened but how is the bottom part of the card supposed to stay in place?

I hear one click at the bottom but it does not hold it in place, is there any fix for this?

I still have some rattle from inside the door, it sounds like it comes from the hollow bit where the electric window button is but I cant find any lose bits :(

Daniel H

There are a few "press in" holding pins all around the door card, check that none are missing or broken.

If they are all there then you just need to line them up and give it a very firm bang over each area with the palm of your hand.

It has to be very firm, but it should hold everything firmly.

With the door card off, shake it to see if you can locate the noise, tip it upside down etc. and something might fall out.

Steve B

There are a few "press in" holding pins all around the door card, check that none are missing or broken.

If they are all there then you just need to line them up and give it a very firm bang over each area with the palm of your hand.

It has to be very firm, but it should hold everything firmly.

With the door card off, shake it to see if you can locate the noise, tip it upside down etc. and something might fall out.

Steve B

Thanks Birchall

MAJOR success that. No holding pins or their counterpart (white round plastic thing) on the card itself was broken, however there was one place where there was one white round clip thing on the door-card but there was no pin at all on the other side. It doesn't even look like there was supposed to be one from production. Anyways the white round clip thing (without any pin to clip onto) on the door card was obviously what has been rattling and tormenting me for some time. Dead silence now...brilliant!

Also the door opener handle on the inside of the door has been a bit "sloppy" and not gone back properly. It was obviously the "hook" on the wire that was hooked on the wrong way round, making it not retract fully as some plastic was stopping it. So if anyone has a door handle that doesn't retract fully someone has probably put the wire hook thing the wrong way round on the inside of the door card.

//Daniel H

Last edited:
Getting really sick of this passenger door card. The contruction with these pins for holding it in place just isn't working, or has mine been replaced?

See below image. The right circled pin is broken off so that is no good. The two on the left works but when I shut the door they both come off. And to the left by the speakers there is no (and has never been) any pins so the entire lower end of the door card comes off every time I close the door. And when loose it makes alot of vibrating noises, and closing the door makes a really cheapish noise.

Any idea on how I can get this door card to stay in place for real this time? Some additional insulation and screws in a couple of places? I don't know, anyone ever had this problem?

20150808_161919.jpg

fitted in the wrong place. They are generally stable as hell. Check that the white receivers are still in pplace on the doorcard. There are screws holding it in?

- Bret

Yes, there are small white "rings" that sit on the door card and the White "pegs" shown in your picture click into these.

so check to see they are there. (I can also see one of your white pegs is broken in the photo.
Mid there is a white ring on the door card in that position, move it to the next one along if that one is missing and that should help until you get replacements.

Steve B

Back