removing battery...

OldSchool

A2OC Donor
ok, so it seems the worst of winter has passed and my fading battery survived and started although almost didn't a few times...

but i still have the new battery waiting to be installed... so i don't have to worry about the old one failing...

i went to take old battery out and it appears to be stuck or held in place magically...

i can't see any bolts to undo or strap or arm to remove so please tell me I don't have to crawl under the car to loosen bolts that are holding battery in place?

-=sigh=-

2x 13 mm bolts to the rear of the casing then the casing slides up and out letting you remove the battery .. down there ,

AF2F2F25-6990-47B1-A975-FB50675947B9.jpeg

thanks,

ok i did it but my lord... removed the plastic trim on boot ledge to have space to remove the foam block thingy to reveal the 2 bolts to remove to slide the brace holding the battery down and then put everything back...

this would have been a 30 second job on my '68 dodge charger...

now I just need the code for the stereo as it just says "SAFE" when it is on... argh... i need my toons....

any advice on getting the code as quickly as possible?

thanks,

ok i did it but my lord... removed the plastic trim on boot ledge to have space to remove the foam block thingy to reveal the 2 bolts to remove to slide the brace holding the battery down and then put everything back...

this would have been a 30 second job on my '68 dodge charger...

Yes a pain, unfortunately you sound to have the early design of toolkit insert. Audi realised their error and modified the insert (from 2002??) and the bolts are now directly accessible with an extension bar, as in BoxyA2's pic. It is a 30 second job on my 52 plate!

Andy

Audi dealer is going to do the code Friday for free...

Also good news I’ve not got any water in battery tray area...

Life is good...

Yes a pain, unfortunately you sound to have the early design of toolkit insert. Audi realised their error and modified the insert (from 2002??) and the bolts are now directly accessible with an extension bar, as in BoxyA2's pic. It is a 30 second job on my 52 plate!

Andy

The early design of tool kit is so neat and tidy and beautifully arranged..
I think only the prefix reg cars had it before it was changed, another of the quirks of the early models.
Would think early 2001 is the change over

Back