Removing rear bumper YouTube video

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
Just stumbled on this short video of removing the rear bumper. Seems like a lubricant sprayed onto the off-side corner panel and then a flat tool is used to prise apart the bumper from the body. Then it can be pulled off the car.

Whilst the bumper looks undamaged when it is removed there is big dent in the cross member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bFPrF7oINs

When removing my own bumper I found the above video useful but I get the impression it was a bit of brute force. If I knew where the lugs were it might of helped. Here's some photos. Note that after putting the bumper back I then looked at the photos and realised that the ruler was not at the same origin - they are about 10mm offset. [See below for reference to the circle].

Here's those 2 "hidden" screws that go through the above 2 holes and into a metal clip on the curved plastic strip (one of them is shown in the red circle on the first photo).

I found some of those clips and screws at the bottom of the wheel arch liner quite rusty. I replaced them with stainless steel nuts and threaded clips. BTW, those clips are known variously as "U NUTS SPEED FASTENERS SPIRE CAPTIVE AUTO PANEL FIXING CLIPS SELF TAPPING SCREWS" (off ebay ad). No wonder it took me ages to find them advertised ;)

Back